Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Neck pocket cracks
#1 Posted : 7/29/2008 2:27:23 PM
Groups:
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Well, I've almost finished cleaning and setting up my RG570 and it is pretty great, I've gotta say. The Wizard isn't just hype, as long as it's clean. The gloss finish was sticky and not much fun to play on, but I used a fine steel wool to polish it to a very fast, pool-cue-like feel without removing the finish.

But one of the last things I'm worried about are the cracks on the sides of the neck pocket. I've been told they don't look bad yet, or something like that. But they don't look like the neck pocket crack on my S470... and they feel more offset. One of them is very long, too... longer than the little thin section right at the side of the neck (it goes into the more solid part of the heel). Are these structurally dangerous? How would you even get in them to glue them? I took the neck off and I still couldn't tell if the wood was cracked or not, as there were areas where a little paint got in the neck pocket.

And does the fact that it goes into the thicker part suggest it's only a finish crack, even as offset as it is? (By offset I mean there's a small stair-step between the sides of the crack.)
#2 Posted : 7/31/2008 1:26:23 PM
Groups:
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Bump.