Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

EW50MPSENT Monkey Pod Solid Top - SRTc preamp?
GishX
#1 Posted : 2/8/2010 11:47:12 PM
GishX

Groups: Member
I have looked at many websites and shops to purchase a EW50MPSENT model. The website shows it having a SRTc preamp, but everything I have seen is SRTn.

1. I this because they have old stock?
2. How to I get my hands on this model of guitar with the SRTc preamp?
3. When did they start using SRTc?

To make things even more difficult I live in Canada, and there are fewer dealers that carry this model.

MaxOfMetal
#2 Posted : 2/9/2010 1:11:50 AM
MaxOfMetal

Man
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
The SRTc preamp is new for this year on the EW acoustics. Seeing how the lion's share of the 2010 models have JUST started shipping, it's not surprising that most dealers still have last years inventory in stock.

If you want to be sure the EW you get has the newer pre-amp you need to TELL, not ask, your dealer to order you a new 2010 model, and not an NOS 2009 model.
Current Ibanez "Heard":
91' UV7BK "Green Dot"
91' UV7PWH
Matthew@ibanez
#3 Posted : 2/9/2010 8:12:11 AM
Matthew@ibanez

Groups: Moderator
Man
Was thanked: 67 time(s) in 67 post(s)
Talk to enlgish4bw

he is our resident Canadian

and he knows his stuff
GishX
#5 Posted : 2/10/2010 10:16:46 PM
GishX

Thanks for the feedback. I am sure if they are shipping it should not be a problem to order one. I hate to order one without first playing it. Hmmm....
enlgish4bw
#6 Posted : 2/10/2010 11:07:14 PM
enlgish4bw

Man
Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
GishX wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. I am sure if they are shipping it should not be a problem to order one. I hate to order one without first playing it. Hmmm....

I answered your msn message before coming here GishX - didn't realize it was an acoustic pre-amp we were talking about as this isn't in any of the catalogues. I saw SRT and figured you were talking about some bass equip.

Don't bother even looking for Ibanez acoustics at Long and McQuade, cuz unless the store in your area is different, none of them stock Ibanez accoustic models. If it's a new item that has to be ordered it won't matter, however, as ALL music stores use the same distributor (Effkay Ltd) in QUE. for any Ibanez stuff. So all you should have to worry about is getting the best price and order it through whichever store can give you the better deal on it.

Oh, and P.S. - be prepared to WAIT awhile if it's not a regularly stocked Ibanez item from the distributor. I have been waiting for 5 weeks just for my local L&M music store to get a replacement part in for what is a fairly standard artcore bridge.