Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Jem copy
guitarest99
#1 Posted : 10/20/2008 1:44:26 PM
guitarest99

Groups: Member
Most do not realize that its illegal, my thing is why purchase a guitar that is not even close to the same guitar by any real guitar mfg. Allot of people see the name tag and are fooled into thinking its a authorized lower version. I have seen the Authorized Gibson's made in Chine also (which are not authorized and are really bad copies). These fakes have crappy electrics, assessories, and usually lose that almost real look in a few months due to crappy paint.

Did you see my post about the Chinese fake website. This guy is dumping Jems for 250.ea and they are such bad copies.

Give me a real 550 any day. I am still waiting on my 770dx, but I guess I should be happy that I was able to purchase one. I never knew the mfg numbers were so limited.
The most powerful forces in American life, are forces that are not voted in and out of office every two or four years. And it represents a belief that Americans must force that reckoning by themselves. No politician will do it for them. Those instincts are exactly right, and we’ve never needed them more than today.

IBANEZ
#2 Posted : 10/20/2008 2:07:35 PM
IBANEZ

Groups: Administration
Man
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
True, many people ARE fooled. But this guy said he knew better BEFORE he purchased it.

We have done a lot to cut down on the number of fake Ibanez guitars out there. But the reality is, it is very difficult to combat it completely. It is very costly, and sometimes arming the customers with knowledge is easier, cheaper, and far more effective than raiding a factory. Hence the big fat disclaimer on our homepage.

http://www.ibanez.com/support/counterfeits.aspx

Prime
#3 Posted : 10/20/2008 3:20:14 PM
Prime

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Breaking the law...breaking the law.

-Judas Priest

LOL...who would want a cheap @ss counterfeit anyway? Junk.

BTW...Jay, noticed you guys now have/use the ability to prevent users from replying to threads.

http://forum.ibanez.com/Default...osts&m=399933#399933

Good move.

IbanezBass
#4 Posted : 10/20/2008 3:33:55 PM
IbanezBass

He locked it

IBANEZ PARTS ONLINE STORE is HERE!!!
https://store.ibanez.com/store/
IBANEZ
#5 Posted : 10/20/2008 4:46:06 PM
IBANEZ

Man
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
#6 Posted : 10/20/2008 5:00:05 PM
Groups:
I don't understand the whole jem copy thing.

I mean if you want a cheap guitar that looks kinda like a jem, buy a RG350 (or what ever they are called) and do some minor mods to it. Obviously the inlays would take some work, but every thing else would be simple to do to make a RG350 to look like a jem. The crazy thing is, that with the right pickups it would sound VERY close to a jem.
guitarest99
#7 Posted : 10/20/2008 10:47:22 PM
guitarest99

People do not look at it that way. I love my SA and I am guessing he paid almost as much as I did for that copy that I did for a real SA. Granted he got a fake Jem but I got a real guitar that rules. I don't have to worry about the frets falling out of the stain fading before its time. Its a pride thing for me, the ability to say thats its a real guitar and not a copy etc.... Did you see the website with all the fakes?
The most powerful forces in American life, are forces that are not voted in and out of office every two or four years. And it represents a belief that Americans must force that reckoning by themselves. No politician will do it for them. Those instincts are exactly right, and we’ve never needed them more than today.

Marc_Maiden
#8 Posted : 10/20/2008 11:05:54 PM
Marc_Maiden

Man
he probably doesnt know what a good guitar feels like..

those probably have frets as even as the sierra mountains..a trem made out of who knows what... cow tongues? maybe..

bottom line is, for 250, you can get a lot...a nice s470 (used) you can find a nice old rg5xx ( if you a patient and look for it)...there is no excuse for this blasphemy!
- Marc
Current Set up:
MIJ Yamaha and Ibanez Guitars
Blackstar Amps
Digitech and Ibanez Effects

guitarest99
#9 Posted : 10/20/2008 11:22:40 PM
guitarest99

Your right, you don't know what your missing until you have tasted the good life. I don't mean you have to buy big for the first ax, when I started my first real guitar was a Sear Silvertone SG copy, it took me almost 30 years to get to this place. At least if you have a decent guitar to compare to these cheap azz copies then they would not purchase those guitars. Nothing wrong with the entry level Ibanez guitars, I think my SA might be consider a entry level, I think I paid around 600 with case. I could be wrong about that one, the case is included in that price; great guitar, great sound, love Iby necks....

I love life

Marc_Maiden
#10 Posted : 10/20/2008 11:45:26 PM
Marc_Maiden

Man
guitarest99 wrote:
Your right, you don't know what your missing until you have tasted the good life. I don't mean you have to buy big for the first ax, when I started my first real guitar was a Sear Silvertone SG copy, it took me almost 30 years to get to this place. At least if you have a decent guitar to compare to these cheap azz copies then they would not purchase those guitars. Nothing wrong with the entry level Ibanez guitars, I think my SA might be consider a entry level, I think I paid around 600 with case. I could be wrong about that one, the case is included in that price; great guitar, great sound, love Iby necks....

I love life

the only guitars i personally consider entry level from ibanez is the GIO series.

regular rgs are great project and upgrade guitars...a lot of them are in great shape, and are great for anyone who cant afford $1000+ axes....

to be honest, i think the Jems are over rated...yeah thats right i said! OVER- RATED
- Marc
Current Set up:
MIJ Yamaha and Ibanez Guitars
Blackstar Amps
Digitech and Ibanez Effects

guitarest99
#13 Posted : 10/20/2008 11:55:01 PM
guitarest99

Marc_Maiden wrote:

to be honest, i think the Jems are over rated...yeah thats right i said! OVER- RATED

Well don't hold back those feelings................... lol I have yet to play one so I am still undecided. I just hope the RG770dx is a good guitar when it gets here in less than 24 hours!!! With any luck UPS will go on strike tomorrow and all the staff lock up and I can't get to my guitar for months.

Sweepus Maximus
#12 Posted : 10/21/2008 12:34:49 AM
Sweepus Maximus

Marc_Maiden wrote:
[quote=guitarest99]

Agreed, love Vai, Jems not so much.
RG2228 > NS-2 > CLYDE > Jemini > Carbon Copy > V3 > Hot Plate > G412T
guitarest99
#14 Posted : 10/21/2008 1:00:12 AM
guitarest99

I really like his DVD, Live at the Astoria and studio albums, even though I also have the DVD; Visual Sound I am not digging that one as much. While Steve is on such a higher skill level than Kirk and Metallica; since they (Metallica) put out the DVD with the San Francisco Symphony it just feels like everyone is coping their idea. Not for nothing Steve kicks serious butt, but his Visual Sound DVD looks forced; IMO.

#11 Posted : 10/21/2008 6:12:21 PM
Groups:
Marc_Maiden wrote:

That is your opinion, and I certainly respect that you are entitled to it.

However, my opinion is that I owned a green swirl Jem (yes, back in the day, and I REALLY wish I still had it), but that was the best guitar I had ever owned. On paper they don't look any better than a RG, however, after owning one I can say that they were made better than the normal RG line (at least in the early 90's, I haven't played one recently). Having said all that, I believe that the Prestige RG's that you can buy today are made better than the RG's of the early 90's. So, maybe there isn't much difference between them today.