Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Cant find model on Ibanez page
DJKiwi
#1 Posted : 2/17/2009 3:13:00 PM

Groups: Member
I cant seem to find this model anywhere on the Ibanez webpage..
Its a GRG 270 B BK according to the page, but that one is not listed, neither can i find it using the search button.
Did it change names or is this some costum version? Or Scam? Wall

Essentially its a GRG170DX with a Floyd Rose style whammy but i want to find the full stats like on the rest of all the guitars.

Greetz
DJKiwi
evilaudio
#2 Posted : 2/17/2009 4:57:12 PM
evilaudio

DJKiwi wrote:
I cant seem to find this model anywhere on the Ibanez webpage..
Its a GRG 270 B BK according to the page, but that one is not listed, neither can i find it using the search button.
Did it change names or is this some costum version? Or Scam? Wall

Essentially its a GRG170DX with a Floyd Rose style whammy but i want to find the full stats like on the rest of all the guitars.

Greetz
DJKiwi

Old model. Discontinued.
'81 DT50FR Destroyer..............Crate GX2200H Excalibur
'86 BC Rich Bich Six Tremolo....Crate GX412 cabs x2
'00 RG270BK..............................Celestions top cab
'05 GAX70BK.............................Eminences bottom cab
'06 ESP/LTD H-50EB - EMGzor!!
RG/Iceman hybrid [Hexman]
RG2610/RG350DX [Bride of Hexman]
I have 4 extra Eminence 12's I don't know what to do with. Any suggestions?

akustikgitar
#3 Posted : 2/17/2009 11:44:36 PM
akustikgitar

Man
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
The Ibanez Parts Website shows that the GRG270BKN had the following three versions:

GRG270BKN-2B02 (manufactured 7/2006 to 11/2007)
GRG270BKN-2B03 (manufactured 12/2008 to 12/2008)
GRG270BKN-3R02 (manufactured 2/2008 to 10/2008)

All of these are presently discontinued.
Mike S.
#4 Posted : 2/17/2009 11:51:54 PM

I guess "old model, discontinued..." is an easy stock answer. But for those of us who have invested in a fine Ibanez instrument prior to 1994, we are just out of luck. I need to get an original wiring diagram for the RG565 for instance, and it was discontinued in 1992. So I am out of luck. Funny. Fender, Gretch, Gibson, and about every other manufacturer on the planet will at least offer themselves as a resource to support discontinued products, even if this requires a non-electronic hard copy and snail-mail. BooHoo

If anyone knows otherwise... please enlighten me.
MaxOfMetal
#5 Posted : 2/18/2009 1:01:45 AM
MaxOfMetal

Man
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Mike S. wrote:
I guess "old model, discontinued..." is an easy stock answer. But for those of us who have invested in a fine Ibanez instrument prior to 1994, we are just out of luck. I need to get an original wiring diagram for the RG565 for instance, and it was discontinued in 1992. So I am out of luck. Funny. Fender, Gretch, Gibson, and about every other manufacturer on the planet will at least offer themselves as a resource to support discontinued products, even if this requires a non-electronic hard copy and snail-mail. BooHoo

If anyone knows otherwise... please enlighten me.

Why can't you just wire it like any other H-S guitar? That or ask one of the many 565 owners to give you a pic of their guitars guts?
Current Ibanez "Heard":
91' UV7BK "Green Dot"
91' UV7PWH
Mike S.
#6 Posted : 2/18/2009 10:56:35 AM

Thanks... but a grainy picture of someones control cavity taken in bad lighting is not what I had in mind. I actually need the original drawing published by Hashino Gakki prior to Oct 2003 indicating the color codes for the stock pickups and all of the original wiring. Ibanez thought that it wasn't necessary to make anything available online prior to 1994 manufacture. I have skills to work it out myself, but when a client is waiting on the guitar and you are charging him for your labor... it gets difficult to spend days with pickups on a test jig to work out the phasing, grounds and the magnetic orientation. If I did not mention it, this was to be a complete restoration with the ORIGINAL Ibanez pickups used in the RG565 (the user had since modified the 1991-guitar with non-standard pickups and wiring). I can use the RGT3070 (2-HBkr) diagram as a wiring guide... but it doesn't show anything about the color codes for the original pickups in the RG565.