Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

WIDE NECK ON SRX Xeries?
Ronny49
#1 Posted : 8/27/2009 2:43:30 PM

Groups: Member
What is the purpose of making the neck wider on the SRX models?

I can't stand the wide neck! I got to try a BTB 5-string for a
week and boy was I glad to give it back!

I like the SR neck, though I like the looks of the SRX body.

Wouldn't it make sense to offer an option of wide or standard
neck on the SRX series?

It's like ALL the new basses coming out for Ibanez have WIDE
necks on them! YUCK!! Wall

MaxOfMetal
#2 Posted : 8/27/2009 3:02:03 PM
MaxOfMetal

Man
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I've never really heard this complaint, but I can see how a wider neck then what you're used to can be a pain to get used to. I actually like bass necks to be a little wider.

I know Ibanez will never offer a "wide or thin" option, but perhaps at some point if enough people voice feedback they'll thin the necks down a bit. Though the SRX and BTB series' of basses have been some of the most successful in the companies history, wide necks included.
Current Ibanez "Heard":
91' UV7BK "Green Dot"
91' UV7PWH
Ronny49
#3 Posted : 8/27/2009 3:20:45 PM

Well, I bet they don't get the complaints because most people, if they don't like it will simply put it down and move on. I am taking the time to bring this to the people's attention. Believe me, I know several who don't like the wider necks. My brother plays pro and he uses an RB800 and said none of the new basses even compare. But I really like the SRX look and hoping that I could get a narrow neck on it like the SR series.

MaxOfMetal
#4 Posted : 8/27/2009 3:47:45 PM
MaxOfMetal

Man
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Ronny49 wrote:
Well, I bet they don't get the complaints because most people, if they don't like it will simply put it down and move on. I am taking the time to bring this to the people's attention. Believe me, I know several who don't like the wider necks. My brother plays pro and he uses an RB800 and said none of the new basses even compare. But I really like the SRX look and hoping that I could get a narrow neck on it like the SR series.

Look at Ibanez's artist roster, TONS of pro artists are using both the SRX and BTB. It's not a point to be argued. It's simply a fact that a lot of artists on MANY levels play the SRX and BTB series' of basses. Just as you know several people who don't like them, I know several working musicians who do. Not every instrument is meant for everyone.

Trust me, a single online complaint to the distributor's forum (no this is not the Ibanez head companies forum) is not gonna casue a change. IF everyone you know who hates the SRX and BTB line complained directly to Ibanez, then and only then will there be a possibility for change.
Current Ibanez "Heard":
91' UV7BK "Green Dot"
91' UV7PWH
lesliegl
#5 Posted : 8/28/2009 4:54:20 AM

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
The SRX series has its origins from the Verdine White signature bass...which introduced the slab sided body ..wider and thicker neck which Verdine wanted on his bass....when Ibanez introduced the SRX bass into the SDGR line...Verdine White ceased to be a Ibanez endorsee ..strange that.

Leslie