Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Help me identify an SDGR bass please
minotaur
#1 Posted : 4/12/2010 6:28:44 AM

Groups: Member
Hi all! I`m planning to buy a used SDGR bass, which I`ve seen in a local shop. But before I purchase it, I really would like somebody to help me indentify it. The backside is, that their homepage gives me an error message, when I want to see a bigger picture of it.

So, what I know:
Ibanez SDGR bass, 4 strings, high-gloss white colour body and the same colour at the back of the neck, P-J pickup system with small Ibanez logo on all of them, but they really sound like EMG`s for me.
It was made in Japan, between 1990-1999.
It has three equal sized knobs (volume/balance/tone). Black hardware, black headstock. I think it has rosewood fingerboard, but I`m not sure.

What I would like to know: around when was it made, and which type is it. I would also be interested of a price they usually sell these little babies. (I`m not that much into Ibanez basses, I just really liked how this one played.)

Here you can find a thumbnail picture of it:
http://www.arkadiahangsz...nez%20jap%E1n%20sdgr.JPG

Thanks for the help in advance!
Mino
Tom@Ibanez
#2 Posted : 4/12/2010 8:36:30 AM
Tom@Ibanez

Medals: Medal of Awesomeness: Awarded to the most righteous dude on the planet.

Groups: Administration
Man
Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 40 post(s)
minotaur
#3 Posted : 4/12/2010 12:06:34 PM

Yeah, well, customer service isn't on top where I'm living, so I'd rather get around them by not asking such questions. Actually, I'd rather don't ask a thing, if it's possible to find out something useful without them.

And also, with a serial number, I would be able to look up the bass myself... :D

Tom@Ibanez wrote:
Shoot them an email and try to get the serial number. From there it's just a matter of digging thru that year's catalog to see which one it is.
JayDawg
#4 Posted : 4/12/2010 1:08:09 PM
JayDawg

It looks like an SR 400 from around the early to mid 90's. I had a 93' that was metallic red but they discontinued that style with that model number I think sometime around 1996 or maybe even 1995. The only thing that really throws it off is the painted neck. That was seen in the SR 800 models and up back then but the electronics are definitely from an SR 400. I'm thinking that someone may have painted that bass at one time or another because I also don't recall a white one ever being offered. I could be wrong on that but I would almost be willing to bet it is custom painted. To check out the year, look at the serial number. If it says something like F312... Then you will know it is a 93'. The first number after the letter tells the model year.
Basses
1994 Ibanez SR 500
1995 Ibanez SR 500
2007 Ibanez SR Prestige 20th5 20th Anniversary 317/350
2010 Ibanez SR 500 PBBBF Limited Edition Guitar Center Exclusive
2005 Ernie Ball Music Man Sterling 4H
2010 Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray Classic 4H Custom Made Breast Cancer Awareness Bass
2009 Ernie Ball Music Man Bongo 4HH Dargie's Delight II
2010 Ernie Ball Music Man Roasted Bongo 4H
2010 Ibanez AEB10BE-BK Acoustic Bass
On The Way
Another Ibanez SR 500 - SR 700
Electric Guitars
1997 Ibanez S 540 QM-TP
Acoustic Guitars
2010 Taylor 114ce
www.crystavox.com
minotaur
#5 Posted : 4/12/2010 2:08:04 PM

Thanks a lot dude. In that case, I will force them to give me a serial number, and I also will make a picture of it and let you know guys - because, as a matter of fact, I've seen some really interesting pieces of basses made especially for these areas, and this is maybe one of them.

Thanks again.

JayDawg wrote:
It looks like an SR 400 from around the early to mid 90's. I had a 93' that was metallic red but they discontinued that style with that model number I think sometime around 1996 or maybe even 1995. The only thing that really throws it off is the painted neck. That was seen in the SR 800 models and up back then but the electronics are definitely from an SR 400. I'm thinking that someone may have painted that bass at one time or another because I also don't recall a white one ever being offered. I could be wrong on that but I would almost be willing to bet it is custom painted. To check out the year, look at the serial number. If it says something like F312... Then you will know it is a 93'. The first number after the letter tells the model year.
dANomite64
#6 Posted : 4/12/2010 2:27:44 PM
dANomite64

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
It's a 600; not the new 600, but an original late 80's series 600. You can find it in the 1990 European catalog. Basswood body, came in red, black, and white, but the necks were all black from what I've seen (or maybe just the fronts were black). Made in Japan, passive pickups (like the early 400's), Gotoh-made Omni-Adjust bridge (a desirable, discontinued bridge nowadays), 800 style neck joint.
'94 ATK300L
'07 SR300DXL