Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Just bought an AK75
Edzio
#1 Posted : 4/25/2008 10:58:34 AM
Edzio

Groups: Member
Hi everyone. I'm new here and I just bought my first Ibanez. It's an AK75D-GD. I really enjoy playing it. I can't seem to find much info on it. I'm curious if anyone else has one or knows anything about them. I've posted a picture.
Thanks in advance.

Tflanster
#2 Posted : 4/25/2008 11:27:04 AM

Go here;www.sheltonsguitars.com/

A fast google search turned up several hits.
An aged British writer walks into a bar . . .
Hikey Mikey
#3 Posted : 4/25/2008 2:14:43 PM
Hikey Mikey

Edzio, welcome to the forum; that guitar is sa-weeeet!

I keep seeing "limited edition" Artcores that look great and wonder why they're not more widely available . . .
Henceforth I ask not good-fortune, I myself am good-fortune.

--Walt Whitman, "Song of the Open Road"
Edzio
#4 Posted : 4/25/2008 9:33:15 PM
Edzio

Thanks Hikey Mikey. I had never seen one before. It didn't have tag on it and it had a thick layer of dust on it in the store. They also didn't have any record of it in their computer. I'm not sure how "limited" they are but I feel lucky that I found it.

Thanks Tflanster for the link. It's certainly more information than I had before.

I'm looking forward to being a part of the forum.
Schadenfreudian
#5 Posted : 4/29/2008 4:48:14 AM

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Love that rosewood bridge! It must sound sweet with it. I'm going to bet that restringing is not going to be a simple task with that bridge and trapeze tailpiece...but I'm guessing the resultant sound is going to be worth it.
zoommutt
#7 Posted : 4/29/2008 6:53:36 AM

The AK75DGD and the AF84EDVS both came out in 2005.I have the AF84E.I think they only came out for about 3 months.They were both limited production.I love mine.Welcome to the forumDance
Edzio
#6 Posted : 4/29/2008 12:01:36 PM
Edzio

Schadenfreudian wrote:
Love that rosewood bridge! It must sound sweet with it. I'm going to bet that restringing is not going to be a simple task with that bridge and trapeze tailpiece...but I'm guessing the resultant sound is going to be worth it.

I figured the same thing. I guess I'll have to mark the position of the bridge before I change the strings. I'm not sure of the best way to do it.

zoommutt,
I googled your AF84E. Man that thing is niiiiiice! I really like the finish. I think someday I might like to have a guitar with the floating neck pickup. Perhaps an AF105? We'll see.