Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Broken guitar neck & no replacement PLEASE HELP
nervedamage
#1 Posted : 1/27/2009 8:46:14 PM

Groups: Member
Hi guys how's it going!

I'm new on the forum and I have a small problem regarding my guitar neck replacement. I have an Ibanez S520EX and the neck broke by accident and I'm looking for a replacement neck part.

I went to my local dealer (I live in Qatar, Middle East) and they refused to order a neck for me, claiming they cannot bring spare parts! Even though they are the authorized dealer and main distributor for Ibanez guitars in the country. Unfortunately there is no other dealer for Ibanez here other than this store.

I tried looking around on the internet for shops and contact other dealers around the region but couldn't find any online stores providing necks and the other dealers around didn't help me at all. I also wanted to contact Ibanez/Hoshino Gakki but there was no customer support contact (no email contact / no number)!

I'm aware that I need to go through an Ibanez authorized dealer to order Ibanez spare parts (as mentioned on the Ibanez website), but what shall I do if my local dealer is so unhelpful?

I'd appreciate any help locating a store or person who can provide me a neck for an Ibanez S520EX.

Thanks!
Timbaline
#2 Posted : 1/27/2009 9:10:00 PM
Timbaline

Man
First of all how badly is the neck broken?
Is it completely broken in two, or is it just cracked?

Second of all if worse comes to worse, you can probably buy a neck off ebay?
Guitar: Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Amp: Line 6 Spider III
Effects: Boss DS-1, Ibanez Weeping Demon
Planning on Getting: Ibanez RG1527, Ibanez Jemini Pedal

"(Insert Witty Quote Here)"
nervedamage
#3 Posted : 1/27/2009 9:46:08 PM

Hey Timbaline

The neck broke from the headstock (see the attached photo). Not sure if it can be fixed.

I searched eBay, I found different necks but not from my guitar. My guitar's neck is 22 frets and the only guitar models which has the same neck is my guitar obviously (Ibanez S520EX), S2170FW, S470, S320 but I cannot find any of them.

Here are some photos of the neck:

Cheesebuiscut
#4 Posted : 1/27/2009 9:57:31 PM
Cheesebuiscut

Im curious how one does that? i know it happens but just how?

you might be able to fit an aanj RG series neck on it, but dont quote me.
nervedamage
#9 Posted : 1/27/2009 10:12:46 PM

Cheesebuiscut wrote:

you might be able to fit an aanj RG series neck on it, but dont quote me.

The guitar was knocked off its stand by accident and fell right on its headstock and broke as you can see.

I did try fitting my RG 450's neck but it didn't fit. Thanks for suggesting.

I need one of the necks of the models I mentioned above in order to fit...
jwenting
#5 Posted : 1/27/2009 11:05:45 PM

Man
Cheesebuiscut wrote:

Had much the same happen with my AF75 last year. Except that one snapped spontaneously one day (luckily not while I was playing it).

Doesn't your dealer want to sell you a loose neck or doesn't he want to fix the guitar for you with a new neck?
2 quite different things.
The first is normal, Ibanez doesn't sell spare parts to end users and doesn't generally allow luthiers to sell them on.
The second could also be normal if they're not an authorised repair shop. In that case your best bet is to have them send it to the importer (or another authorised repair shop, but in small countries there may be no other) for repair.
Cheesebuiscut
#10 Posted : 1/27/2009 11:34:53 PM
Cheesebuiscut

Lol imagine being on stage, huge solo * CRACK * POP *

*walks upto mic*

"I guess i rocket it too hard xD*

Boinz
#11 Posted : 1/27/2009 11:36:25 PM
Boinz

neck

boinz...this is your conscience....get off your ass and play guitar
nervedamage
#6 Posted : 1/28/2009 7:00:57 PM

jwenting wrote:
Cheesebuiscut wrote:

Had much the same happen with my AF75 last year. Except that one snapped spontaneously one day (luckily not while I was playing it).

Doesn't your dealer want to sell you a loose neck or doesn't he want to fix the guitar for you with a new neck?
The first is normal, Ibanez doesn't sell spare parts to end users and doesn't generally allow luthiers to sell them on.
The second could also be normal if they're not an authorised repair shop. In that case your best bet is to have them send it to the importer (or another authorised repair shop, but in small countries there may be no other) for repair.

The dealer doesn't want to order parts! Its really shocking isn't it? I had a huge argument that if they are the authorized dealer, they MUST order spare parts else why are they operating as an authorized dealer in the first place?

I know Ibanez doesn't sell spare parts to end users and thats the problem...I'm basically trapped until I find someone who is willing to order the neck.
nervedamage
#12 Posted : 1/28/2009 7:02:52 PM

Boinz wrote:

Thanks...I will keep that in mind...This neck color won't match my guitar though Think
CloneJem7v
#13 Posted : 1/28/2009 8:13:48 PM
CloneJem7v

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
nervedamage wrote:
Boinz wrote:

Thanks...I will keep that in mind...This neck color won't match my guitar though Think

you could just spray it black and either use masking tape on the logo or just get a decal logo online
many guitars including serveral Ibanez models
I also do this Cobalt Raptor Web Design
jwenting
#7 Posted : 1/29/2009 9:07:13 AM

Man
nervedamage wrote:
jwenting wrote:
Cheesebuiscut wrote:

The dealer doesn't want to order parts! Its really shocking isn't it? I had a huge argument that if they are the authorized dealer, they MUST order spare parts else why are they operating as an authorized dealer in the first place?

I know Ibanez doesn't sell spare parts to end users and thats the problem...I'm basically trapped until I find someone who is willing to order the neck.

Here's the address of the importer or representative for Ibanez in Qatar, file a complaint with them:

Badie Studio & Stores
P.O. Box 62, Doha, Qatar

Tel.4423554
Fax.4438272
Mail: badiestudio@yahoo.com

If they are the guys you have trouble with, you might try a neighbouring country like the UAE instead (see the main Ibanez website for contact details for each country).
nervedamage
#14 Posted : 1/29/2009 10:54:45 AM

CloneJem7v wrote:
nervedamage wrote:
Boinz wrote:

you could just spray it black and either use masking tape on the logo or just get a decal logo online

Thanks! I will do that if I cannot find anything around.
nervedamage
#8 Posted : 1/29/2009 11:06:16 AM

jwenting wrote:
nervedamage wrote:
jwenting wrote:
Cheesebuiscut wrote:

Here's the address of the importer or representative for Ibanez in Qatar, file a complaint with them:

Badie Studio & Stores
P.O. Box 62, Doha, Qatar

Tel.4423554
Fax.4438272
Mail: badiestudio@yahoo.com

If they are the guys you have trouble with, you might try a neighbouring country like the UAE instead (see the main Ibanez website for contact details for each country).

Thanks ! I didn't want to mention any names but this is the store I'm taking about all this time...Badie Studio and Stores. I will actually file a HUGE complaint to the mother company once I find the right contacts...Not only they are not providing spare parts for musicians, they have outdated guitars in stock and do not provide the latest guitars, and treat customers unprofessionally, and that ruins the reputation of the Ibanez (as a brand) in the country and the region. I've been playing Ibanez guitars for more than 10 years and only now I'm looking for something else because the authorized dealers in the region cannot service customers like myself properly...

I did contact the dealers in the UAE, Bahrain and Oman (all in the region), some didn't want to bring the part saying it will cost alot and I cannot afford their rates (more than $200 just in shipping!) and others do not wanna ship me the neck to Qatar, plain stupid...

I will just rely on looking through eBay and other online stores.

Thanks for your help.
jwenting
#15 Posted : 1/29/2009 12:11:14 PM

Man
They probably aren't allowed to ship to Qatar because there's an authorised distributor in the country.
Maybe some rep from Ibanez USA (this is their site, not the global site) might pop in and bring this to the attention of Ibanez International in Japan (or you might want to contact Japan directly, though to get info from the Japanese website you must be able to read and understand Japanese which I don't).