Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

what gauge strings are best for RG350DX WH?
Madworldguy
#1 Posted : 9/25/2010 7:37:28 AM
Madworldguy

Groups: Member
Hey all. considering changing my strings and i was just wondering what strings are best after a setup :)
Boogieman
#2 Posted : 9/25/2010 7:46:28 AM

Was thanked: 62 time(s) in 62 post(s)
You're sorta' asking us to tell you what should be your favorite food. Strings are pretty much your preference.
Bumblebee
#3 Posted : 9/25/2010 9:09:10 AM
Bumblebee

Madworldguy wrote:
Hey all. considering changing my strings and i was just wondering what strings are best after a setup :)

Depends on your playing. From the factory, Ibanez guitars come fitted with guage 9 strings, so if you like how it sounded and felt when you baught it, then 9s would be the way to go. If however you plan on playing heavier or drop tuned stuff (as so many younger players do), you would be better off with a heavier guage. If you're in C for example, then perhaps 11s would be best. When you change string guage, the tremolo and truss rod need to be adjusted accordingly, but if you're having it set up and telling the tech what strings you want, then it shouldnt matter to you so much.
I was away for a while, filming a sequel, but I'm back! :)
Madworldguy
#4 Posted : 9/28/2010 2:21:22 PM
Madworldguy

Bumblebee wrote:
Madworldguy wrote:

Depends on your playing. From the factory, Ibanez guitars come fitted with guage 9 strings, so if you like how it sounded and felt when you baught it, then 9s would be the way to go. If however you plan on playing heavier or drop tuned stuff (as so many younger players do), you would be better off with a heavier guage. If you're in C for example, then perhaps 11s would be best. When you change string guage, the tremolo and truss rod need to be adjusted accordingly, but if you're having it set up and telling the tech what strings you want, then it shouldnt matter to you so much.

Hey good to have u back:) TBH i was thinking of a mixed gauge of strings cause i'm a bit funny with playing you see. I love the heavy metal and a really good heavy tone (as heavy string gauges would provide) but i also like easy soloing (eg comfortable bends ect) Would i need a serious re-set up? Thanks.
seefox
#5 Posted : 9/28/2010 2:23:22 PM
seefox

Man
white ones! they have to match the guitar otherwise it won't work.
this world is made of
PEACE and LOVE!