Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

GRX720. NGD.
twiztedchild
#1 Posted : 11/30/2010 1:21:28 AM
twiztedchild

Groups: Member
Man
I'm wondering why there isnt more threads in this Gio subforum lol. But anyways,

I had just gotten this from a friend of mine. Mainly just to tie me over untill I get my A7 Schecter Avenger, But I figured after I get that I can turnthis into a project guitar.

took this just to show how the wood gain looks on the fretboard. I like it actually.

there are some dents and stuff being that it was a used guitar. I tried to take pics of the bigger ones. and the Pickguard is oddly warped.

it sounds decent for a Gio also. I was shocked actually with that. as well as how Thick the neck is compared to other Ibanez 7 strings. I was wondering though if it would be possible to get a UV pickguard and put it on there instead of the one that is on it now? I was planing on adding a middle pickup down the road anyways, as well as getting a replacement neck that is a baritone maybe. Just gotta find someone willing to do that for me though.
Steelrobbin
#2 Posted : 11/30/2010 4:36:17 AM
Steelrobbin

Man
Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Nice catch, too bad about that dent on the fretboard though.

I've had a project idea for a GRX720 a while, the fatter neck and square heel makes it a good subject to turn into a JS7.

And to whoever reassembled that pickguardClap Clap Clap Clap
'13 RG8WH
'97 SC620BGN
'97 RG7621BK
'94 TC530BK
'92 RT452AM
'92 RT240VS
'91 RBM1BU

twiztedchild
#3 Posted : 11/30/2010 4:50:42 AM
twiztedchild

Man
Thanks. As I had said in the first post it was just so I can have something to do till I get the Avenger 7. though I would love to get a higher end 7 string Ibanez down the road some day.

I dont know what the guy was thinking that put that on that way lol, I had taken it off to change the strings and I wanted to check inside it hasnt been taken that well off as you can see I had cleaned it up and lem-oil'd the fretboard, Probably didnt need it but I was trying to see if there was dirt..There was..

My Idea was to turn it into a baritone, with Green dots and green pickups.. so sorta like a UV7bkXL or something lol but since its still a Gio it'd be like GRX720XL Green Dot. lol

Oh and that dent in the neck Luckily it does mess with fretting there which is good for now I guess.
Ouija
#4 Posted : 11/30/2010 6:43:52 AM
Ouija

Man
Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Wow, you really like high strings... but anyways, you realize it won't be a straight swap for a baritone? You'll almost certainly have to sit the neck in a different position to get the scale length right. This may involve having to re-route the neck pocket.
twiztedchild
#5 Posted : 11/30/2010 7:32:18 AM
twiztedchild

Man
Ouija wrote:
Wow, you really like high strings... but anyways, you realize it won't be a straight swap for a baritone? You'll almost certainly have to sit the neck in a different position to get the scale length right. This may involve having to re-route the neck pocket.

I realize their are going to be some problems to get a baritone neck I was thinking to "Copy" what warmoth does and sswap out a 28.621" neck. But I'd have to find someone to build one for the ibanez.

And for the strings if I had them lower it would buzz to all hell LOL Plus I didnt realise it was a radiued ret baord and I had to get all the saddles up with the strings off the guitar. I'll get it to a decent height with now buzzin one day lol