Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

1992 Ibanez EX 170 BN
TitusMaximus
#1 Posted : 8/18/2011 2:47:03 PM

Groups: Member
The guitar is exactly as pictured in the 1992 cataqlogue, and the guitar is blue with the red EX on the headstock. I found this guitar in my father-in-law's garage, under a pile of sheetrock and other crap. Despite this, it sounds amazingly good and I enjoy playing it, however I'm missing one small part: one string support or whatever it's called (actually I only need half of this part, the round "female" end that attaches to a similar part on the other side of the "post"). It's hard to describe in words, but I know Ibanez aficianado's know what I'm talking about. I cannot find this part anywhere, and believe me I have looked just about everywhere. So my questions: (1) what is this part officially called; (2) is this part still available, and if so where; (3)Is the part still used on newer models; (4)if not available, can the two supports be replaced with a different Ibanez product? I have been keeping an eye-out for a pawn-shop "parts" guitar in my area, no luck as of yet. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it, plus it would be cool to get what amounts to a vintage "rescue" guitar back into full use. Thanks.

jsbands@aol.com

ps I'm writing this from work; if you think it would help I could send pics, serial numbers, etc.
Tom@Ibanez
#2 Posted : 9/1/2011 12:26:26 PM
Tom@Ibanez

Medals: Medal of Awesomeness: Awarded to the most righteous dude on the planet.

Groups: Administration
Man
Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 40 post(s)
Most definitely. If possible, please take a pic of the spot you need the part, and include a serial number. hopefully we can dig something up for you.