Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

32 Pages«<303132
The Official Ibanez MTM Thread
Russian man
#40 Posted : 5/1/2009 12:55:15 AM

Groups: Member
The guitar is made in Indonesia. It is good or bad? Quality of a guitar and a sound does not influence?
MaxOfMetal
#41 Posted : 5/1/2009 1:36:27 AM
MaxOfMetal

Man
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Russian man wrote:
The guitar is made in Indonesia. It is good or bad? Quality of a guitar and a sound does not influence?

The quality of the MII range of guitars has been improving over the last year or so. It seems since Ibanez pulled production in Korea, they've allocated much more money to the Indonesian plants, thus better QC. I've yet to hear of a defective MTM and all the MTMs I've played have been fine guitars. Not quite my style, but still very nice.
Current Ibanez "Heard":
91' UV7BK "Green Dot"
91' UV7PWH
Blister7321
#19 Posted : 5/11/2009 10:58:52 AM
Blister7321

Man
poopyalligator wrote:
I would love to have that custom green one that he has. If it only had one bridge pickup, a complete floating locking bridge (kind of pointless to have a fixed one if you ask me)and no inlays ( or something tasteful).Then it would no way resemble his except for the color lol.

the only thing wrong with it is the fixed brige and middle pickup really, i think that they look and sound great, the just nee an edge pro
Darkest color BLISTERED EARTH true death of life!
theDogger
#42 Posted : 6/2/2009 5:36:34 PM

I just bought a MTM2 and I have a set of EMG ZW that I would like to install. I have never installed pickup before but want to try it. I am looking for a wiring diagram for the MTM1 as it should replicate the install that I want to do. I bought a 3-way box switch also. Can anyone help out with this?

theDogger
Nefalia
#20 Posted : 6/2/2009 5:55:54 PM

Blister7321 wrote:
the only thing wrong with it is the fixed brige and middle pickup really, i think that they look and sound great, the just nee an edge pro

I don't get the fixed Edge III thing. What's the advantage to a regular fixed bridge. If he wants extreme tuning stability, wouldn't a locking nut suffice? And why of all tremolos the Edge III, it's the worst one I know.
MaxOfMetal
#21 Posted : 6/2/2009 6:02:10 PM
MaxOfMetal

Man
Nefalia wrote:
Blister7321 wrote:

I don't get the fixed Edge III thing. What's the advantage to a regular fixed bridge. If he wants extreme tuning stability, wouldn't a locking nut suffice? And why of all tremolos the Edge III, it's the worst one I know.

A locking nut with no fine tuners? You do realize all the strings would be sharp (just like when you do of on a tremed guitar) when you lock down the nut. It would be absolutely impossible to tune.

Why is the Edge III bad? Because the cheap metal in the knife edges wearing from trem use. Well guess what the Edge III FIXED doesn't have.
Current Ibanez "Heard":
91' UV7BK "Green Dot"
91' UV7PWH
jjjive24
#43 Posted : 6/9/2009 11:53:28 PM
jjjive24

The Egde III is not the best, but not the worst FR licensced unit out there..Although it is a little trickier to setup than some due to the strange angled look it has when setup to zero point. As long as it is setup right and you've stretched your strings 'til your sick...it'll hold tune though. But as far as the fixed Edge III goes, as a MTM2BK owner, man I love that bridge! it has a real smooth feel against your palm, is as easy if not easier to setup up then a tune-o-matic, and is unique. Pickups are the mtm2's weakest point, other than that it has gobs of potential as a tough road ready axe. My 2 cents...
RG350EXWH Evo bridge, Breed neck, stock s/c, Original Floyd Rose
RG370 Silver Metallic, Korean Model, Bone Stock, Chrome Hardware, Edge Pro II, Powersounds...Awesome!!
MTM2BK Bill Lawrence L500XL bridge, SD Full Shred neck
SCHECTER C-1+ JB bridge,Jazz neck
EPI Goth Flying V, JB bridge, 59 neck. Custom metallic orange paint job w/ black hardware!
[center]
Harpo_the_bad
#44 Posted : 10/15/2009 5:39:10 AM

I just got an MTM1 for £400 second hand in as new condition. It's the older EMG equipped MIK model but it's boxed and is totally flawless. Completely as new. Do you think I got a good deal? I'm really pleased with it either way. Great guitar.

I gotta ask though. I'm a bit of a n00b when it comes to downtuning. It has .11s on it at the moment, EB Power Slinkies I think. Is there a string gauge that I could fit that would allow me to switch between Dropped A, Dropped B and Dropped C without having to change strings? I know I'd probably have to change the trussrod and intonation every time, but is it possible?

And is it ok for me to tune the .11s up to standard E? They don't seem too floppy at dropped C so would I be damaging the neck or anything if I went right up to standard?

Thanks.
Dean Michael Schenker Custom V
Ibanez MTM1
Crafter JTE acoustic
Dean 15W Amp
MaxOfMetal
#45 Posted : 10/15/2009 2:02:57 PM
MaxOfMetal

Man
Harpo_the_bad wrote:
I just got an MTM1 for £400 second hand in as new condition. It's the older EMG equipped MIK model but it's boxed and is totally flawless. Completely as new. Do you think I got a good deal? I'm really pleased with it either way. Great guitar.

I gotta ask though. I'm a bit of a n00b when it comes to downtuning. It has .11s on it at the moment, EB Power Slinkies I think. Is there a string gauge that I could fit that would allow me to switch between Dropped A, Dropped B and Dropped C without having to change strings? I know I'd probably have to change the trussrod and intonation every time, but is it possible?

And is it ok for me to tune the .11s up to standard E? They don't seem too floppy at dropped C so would I be damaging the neck or anything if I went right up to standard?

Thanks.

Not sure how your deal was, depends on the used market on your side of the Atlantic.

As for the strings, what's the gauge of the 6th string?

You can tune strings as heavy as .13 to E standard, you'll just have to adjust the truss rod for sure. The heavier the guage of strings, the better the tension when down tuning. Strings are fairly cheap, so experiment.
Current Ibanez "Heard":
91' UV7BK "Green Dot"
91' UV7PWH
Harpo_the_bad
#46 Posted : 10/16/2009 6:49:36 AM

MaxOfMetal wrote:
Harpo_the_bad wrote:

Thanks.

Not sure how your deal was, depends on the used market on your side of the Atlantic.

As for the strings, what's the gauge of the 6th string?

You can tune strings as heavy as .13 to E standard, you'll just have to adjust the truss rod for sure. The heavier the guage of strings, the better the tension when down tuning. Strings are fairly cheap, so experiment.

Hi, thanks dude,

The sixth is a 58 or so the guy told me. It's definitely not the standard 48 from a set of power slinkies anyway.

That's good to know that I can go all the way up to standard with what I've got. I was pretty sure I could but I didn't want to risk it :)
Dean Michael Schenker Custom V
Ibanez MTM1
Crafter JTE acoustic
Dean 15W Amp
pungsveittur
#48 Posted : 10/16/2009 7:17:53 AM

Hi all
Could anyone tell me the exact dimensions (or approx) of the MTM2 model without case.. i.e. width, height, length and weight...
I am thinking about buying one online but I do not want any surprises on shipping costs.

thank you.
MaxOfMetal
#49 Posted : 10/16/2009 3:30:28 PM
MaxOfMetal

Man
pungsveittur wrote:
Hi all
Could anyone tell me the exact dimensions (or approx) of the MTM2 model without case.. i.e. width, height, length and weight...
I am thinking about buying one online but I do not want any surprises on shipping costs.

thank you.

Depending in where you order from they will always quote you the shipping before you pay, there shouldn't be a surprise. Also, if ordering from another country, you might want to check the importation taxes of your country, you may have to pay a fee when the guitar enters your country. Usually a tax of some sort.
Current Ibanez "Heard":
91' UV7BK "Green Dot"
91' UV7PWH
vinvin
#47 Posted : 2/2/2010 8:45:49 AM

Harpo_the_bad wrote:
I just got an MTM1 for £400 second hand in as new condition. It's the older EMG equipped MIK model but it's boxed and is totally flawless. Completely as new. Do you think I got a good deal?
Kind of a good deal yeah! In europe, I bought it new for around £1400.

However, I have a problem with my MTM1, quite since the beginning, but I am not able to fix it: the down part of the neck is flat. When I press a string at the 12th fret and at the 24th, the string is very near or touches all the frets between 12 and 24. It would not really be a problem if it was the same for 1 -> 12, but that part is nicely bowed, and when I play on this up part of the neck, string don't touch the frets. If I bow it more, 12 -> 24 tend to touch frets more, and bowing it less tend to make 1 -> 12 touch frets more.

For information, the guitar has been mounted with heavy gauge strings, up to 64 for drop B. Thus the tension on the neck was quite important for two years or so.
Any ideas? People having the same buzz problem? Thanks.
kami
#50 Posted : 8/16/2011 11:54:48 AM

Line 6 is underated!!!
#51 Posted : 10/28/2011 3:22:13 PM
Message was deleted by a Moderator.
#52 Posted : 10/28/2011 3:22:57 PM
Message was deleted by a Moderator.