Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Ibanez S320 Korean made vs Indonesian made
rubber
#1 Posted : 5/11/2012 1:47:31 AM
rubber

Groups: Member
Hi. I was wondering wich instrument has a better quality control. Are the Ibanez from Korea better instruments than the Indo made?
hikaruzero
#2 Posted : 5/11/2012 3:28:24 AM
hikaruzero

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rubber Go to Quoted Post
Hi. I was wondering wich instrument has a better quality control. Are the Ibanez from Korea better instruments than the Indo made?

Eh ... hard to say, it depends on when the instrument was made. Ibanez doesn't have instruments manufactured in Korea anymore, only in Indonesia (and Japan, and I think some of the cheapest ones in China still too, no? Anybody know for sure?). When Ibanez first had guitars made in Indonesia they had pretty poor quality control and Korea's was clearly better, but as time went by, the Indonesian QC progressed and eventually became quite good, while Korea's lagged behind. I don't think Ibanez made its decision to move away from Korean manufacturing for no reason.

I have two Indonesian guitars and one Korean, all made within the last half decade; mine all have satisfactory quality, though I will note that the neck on the Korean instrument was not as fast/slippery/smooth as the one on the Indonesian guitars. Not that that matters much to me, as I refinished the neck and now it's preferrable over the Indonesians. :)
rubber
#4 Posted : 5/11/2012 5:30:45 AM
rubber

Thanks. I have a 2007 Korean and a 2009 Indo. The body of the Korean is a little more thick than the other. Im about to give the Korean a setting, but since I noticed the change in the body, I wondered if the quality is the same.
CloneJem7v
#3 Posted : 5/11/2012 1:43:52 PM
CloneJem7v

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: hikaruzero Go to Quoted Post
[quote=rubber;494795]I don't think Ibanez made its decision to move away from Korean manufacturing for no reason.

Pretty sure the fact Korea started to price themselves out of the market had something to do with it :P most companies moved out of Korea in the space of a couple of years.
many guitars including serveral Ibanez models
I also do this Cobalt Raptor Web Design
rubber
#5 Posted : 5/14/2012 10:42:33 PM
rubber

Hi. Today I took the time to check the 2 guitars in detail. At least in this case, the Indo was way better then the Koren. Even has an inspected signature, and the ZR is better constructed.
Pusher
#6 Posted : 5/15/2012 12:46:53 PM

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Indonesia has really come along in leaps and bounds in the last few years or so in terms of quality control imo. Some great guitars being made there now. There was a brief point where a lot of manufacturers moved from Korean production to Indo where things needed improving, but they are surpassing Korean models for many brands from what I've seen.