Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Echo Shifter Delay!
Pete777
#1 Posted : 2/8/2013 10:24:17 AM

Groups: Member
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Any demos and specs of the new Echo Shifter delay pedal incoming folks? Looks good!
Bill@Ibanez
#2 Posted : 2/8/2013 2:17:24 PM
Bill@Ibanez

Groups: Moderator, Administration
Was thanked: 198 time(s) in 195 post(s)
Ok, we got some specs here:
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/...t_id=6&series_id=99

Unfortunately I can't find any videos or sound samples yet, but I'm sure they are soon to come. Here is a review quote I found to hype you up a little more.

Answering the prayers of analog delay fans everywhere, Ibanez has introduced the ES2 Echo Shifter.

Along with its golden-age-of-analog design, the unit's analog "bucket brigade" circuitry delivers the warm sonic character that vintage stomp-box fans know, love and cherish.

But the Ibanez engineers didn't stop there. "Rather than simply being an homage to the vintage delays, we wanted to go a step further - to create a real analogue box that in a small way leverages the possibilities of DSP. This way you get real true analog sound but with advantages the old pedals can't match, like tap-tempo-on-the-fly tempo adjustment," says Ibanez USA electronics product manager Frank Facciolo.

"We weren't interested in bringing out another delay with the all the 'normal' modulation tricks, like chorus. We took an unorthodox approach to the use of pitch shift and modulation, and cooked up some sonic combinations that will, without a doubt, turn heads during that last part of the jam when everything is headed into the stratosphere."

-Bill
Dick Foster
#3 Posted : 2/8/2013 3:31:51 PM
Dick Foster

Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Careful with that stuff Bill, if you keep it up they're liable to stick you in a sales job and we wouldn't want that to happen.

Originally Posted by: Bill@Ibanez Go to Quoted Post
Ok, we got some specs here:
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/...t_id=6&series_id=99

Unfortunately I can't find any videos or sound samples yet, but I'm sure they are soon to come. Here is a review quote I found to hype you up a little more.

Answering the prayers of analog delay fans everywhere, Ibanez has introduced the ES2 Echo Shifter.

Along with its golden-age-of-analog design, the unit's analog "bucket brigade" circuitry delivers the warm sonic character that vintage stomp-box fans know, love and cherish.

But the Ibanez engineers didn't stop there. "Rather than simply being an homage to the vintage delays, we wanted to go a step further - to create a real analogue box that in a small way leverages the possibilities of DSP. This way you get real true analog sound but with advantages the old pedals can't match, like tap-tempo-on-the-fly tempo adjustment," says Ibanez USA electronics product manager Frank Facciolo.

"We weren't interested in bringing out another delay with the all the 'normal' modulation tricks, like chorus. We took an unorthodox approach to the use of pitch shift and modulation, and cooked up some sonic combinations that will, without a doubt, turn heads during that last part of the jam when everything is headed into the stratosphere."

-Bill
Pete777
#4 Posted : 2/8/2013 7:43:28 PM

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thanks Bill!!

Can't wait for some demos.