Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

AF180/ASF180
drog
#1 Posted : 2/26/2013 5:47:03 PM

Groups: Member
Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
These two models of Artstar guitars AF180/ASF180 are available in Japan, are made in Japan. I would love to see these in North America, I am almost thinking a vacation is in my future to purchase this ASF180. Looking at the price and doing conversion rates, the list price is around $2800, so I would figure on $2300?

I love the Gotoh tuners and bridge, and really dig that one piece Mahogany neck on the ASF180. These are sweet!

This is from the Ibanez Japan site: Ibanez Japan Click on he link!

ASF180

AF180
Dick Foster
#2 Posted : 2/26/2013 6:09:54 PM
Dick Foster

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 50 post(s)
Frankly I don't see anything at all wrong with this one.

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/..._id=7&series_id=109

And you only need to go down to your local dealer to pick one up.

Or maybe one of these would be closer.

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/..._id=7&series_id=126

You might have to get them to order that one but you won't have to get on an airliner to get it.

drog;503410 wrote:
These two models of Artstar guitars AF180/ASF180 are available in Japan, are made in Japan. I would love to see these in North America, I am almost thinking a vacation is in my future to purchase this ASF180. Looking at the price and doing conversion rates, the list price is around $2800, so I would figure on $2300?

I love the Gotoh tuners and bridge, and really dig that one piece Mahogany neck on the ASF180. These are sweet!

This is from the Ibanez Japan site: Ibanez Japan Click on he link!

ASF180

AF180

drog
#3 Posted : 2/26/2013 6:17:57 PM

Ha,ha, I already have an AS-153!

The ASF180 is like the Scofield model, as they say on the bio for it. The difference is the extra coil splitting and different style of tail piece, where the input jack is located. Not to mention that the Scofield is more money (well not by much, lol) and has his name on it (not that there is anything wrong with that). I just thought they were cool, would love to see them available here in NA. The more the merrier.
Dick Foster
#4 Posted : 2/26/2013 9:06:12 PM
Dick Foster

drog;503414 wrote:
Ha,ha, I already have an AS-153!

In that case I might hate you. Or maybe it's just envy masquerading as hate.

Then again if you just got one (since they just came out) and you're already wanting something else, maybe it's not so good after all and knowing that will help cure me and save me some money too.
drog
#5 Posted : 2/26/2013 9:40:18 PM

Ha, ha, I always want something else, its a sickness, lol!

As for the AS-153, I love her and can't stop playing it. If I was to get this one at the top of the page, it would never leave the house; so come to think of it what I have now is more practical, lol. But when has that stopped any of us, lol.
Dick Foster
#6 Posted : 2/26/2013 10:24:05 PM
Dick Foster

Some other folks around here have the same affliction. I'm afraid it may be contagious and is spreading rapidly. I'm wondering if I should call the CDC.

drog;503422 wrote:
Ha, ha, I always want something else, its a sickness, lol!

As for the AS-153, I love her and can't stop playing it. If I was to get this one at the top of the page, it would never leave the house; so come to think of it what I have now is more practical, lol. But when has that stopped any of us, lol.