Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
What trem goes into what cavity - MUST SEE!!
tigercraft
#22 Posted : 9/1/2014 1:31:56 AM

Groups: Member
are there people that like the orginal flyod over any of Ibanez's Edge systems?
I have myself under the impression that the Edge is a little smoother or otherwise
better term somehow.

I may want to believe that to gap the bridge between the flyod stlye and the Kahler
I wish I had; on at least just one guitar.

I almost bought a JH600 recently ($450-too low to say no) until I found out it was
an early model with the flyod.

The Kahler was the only reason I was willing to go with the LTD.
Inhuman Form
#23 Posted : 11/6/2014 8:28:02 AM
Inhuman Form

Man
The FAT trem has no trem-recess... So that would need some work.

By the way... does anyone know if the Edge Zero and Edge ZeroII fit in either one of the above listed cavity's?
ARZIR-20 FB (2014)
XPT-700 BK (2010)
S-420 WK (2009)
RGT-6 IPT (2008)
RGR-1570 SDB (2008)
RG-1550M BK (2003)
ascianabhro
#25 Posted : 12/5/2015 11:44:27 PM

anyone know if the the ZR bridge can be replaced with Edge Zero and Edge ZeroII or the recent launched Synchronizr
#26 Posted : 1/3/2016 1:51:12 PM
Groups:
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Message was deleted by a Moderator.
Ibanex
#27 Posted : 1/27/2016 3:37:13 PM

The Edge Pro and the Edge Pro II may be classed in the same category in the original post but they're both slightly different in size. The Edge Pro extends further back by about half a cm. I have an RGT42 with an Edge Pro II as default. The Edge Pro doesn't fit in the cavity with enough space to pull on the tremolo. The micro tuners touch the edge of the cavity. This may just be an RGT42 thing though and I haven't tested the Edge Pro on other Edge Pro II cavities.
Ibanez RG520QS Blue
Ibanez RG550 Black w/ Maple neck
Ibanez RG560 White
Ibanez RG570 Black
shottisimo
#24 Posted : 1/31/2016 7:02:45 PM
shottisimo

Originally Posted by: Inhuman Form Go to Quoted Post
The FAT trem has no trem-recess... So that would need some work.

By the way... does anyone know if the Edge Zero and Edge ZeroII fit in either one of the above listed cavity's?

+1. I'm wondering if the edge zero II fits in an edge III cavity.
If you don't go after what you want, you'll never get it!
blackbastad
#29 Posted : 2/26/2016 9:10:45 PM

The "lo trs" cavity in any standard rg450 is not the same as edge and will not fit with any of the following... edge, edge 2, edge 3, lo pro edge, edge zero & zero 2. It will just fit a standard floyd and the Lo TRS. It needs to be routed to make room for the trem arm socket for every edge variation.

As well, the actual Lot trs trem will not fit into any model other than the rg450. The hole is cut with a different back angle going into the tunner bracket portion of the trem and is larger than any of the edge designs (front to mid back) so it is actually to big. For what its worth, dont rout any descent RG to fit this trem as it really sucks! Its better to find any of the edge variations and work that with minimal or zero routing. In my proffesional opinion, all edge variations perform very good when properly set up, on par with all of the best. I find the only real differences are in the trem socket design and in some minor options available in the more expensive units which do not affect performance but just easier set up options. as well the edge Zero sports an optional trem stabalizer, however this is an after market feature that has been available for well over 20 years for all floating trem style guitars.

I have never had an issue with saddle cracking / brakage, wore out crappy blades, bad posts, or sloppy zero return on any of the edge variations when propperly set up. I have had nothing but all of these problems with both the Lo TRS and Lo TRS2. They are inferior and made of pot metal all the way through. Total cabbage.

Just think, the original RG450 (1990-93) went form an actual RG550 minus the tilted neck pocket and chambered input jack to what it is today. It actually had the original V pickups, original edge trem, & the original rg550 wizard neck. Only 2 minor cometic differences and the block heal was at least manageable.

todays rg450 sports... the Lo TRS, second rate wizard 2 or 3 necks, medioker infinity pickups, standard open pocket & flimsy AANJ neck placing, and consatnt shifting of the manufacturing process and place of manufacture. Think of the RG450 model as if it were made by ford... It still sports a $700 dollar plus price tag & they just keep making it cheaper and cheaper and still call it what it used to be. Its fraud but,,, because they claim the rights to change it... its not! figure it out! Ibanez makes some great guitars but man, they are dirty if you dont know what to look for. with almost all models. Any standard Indonesian RG350 will desttoy any rg450 made after 1993 in terms of quallity and control.

Just my experienced. cheers.
SylentCommando
#30 Posted : 5/30/2016 4:41:07 AM
SylentCommando

Man
I found two Videos on You Tube if anyone is interested of a guy who upgraded his Ibanez RG350dx guitar with the edge III to a Floyd Rose Special.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GbXeeRJwy8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDtGofbqZ-0
2009 Ibanez RGD320

2013 Ibanez RG421QM
PinkFloydRose53
#31 Posted : 7/28/2016 11:57:17 AM

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hey rockin' rockers need some info. I own a 2000 RG270dx.It has a floating trem with no name stamped anywhere on it.Anywho, to string it up you run the string through a tube that is small enough to hold the ball end of the string from pulling through. It's a cool design to increase resonance and sustain with the strings running through the whole bridge.On the down side the high e string {because we are always adjusting the Floyd's) with tuning etc, it literally unwraps the string from the ball. So I have to have aEh bunch of high e strings on hand. I want to change out the trem. There's one I am looking at and here are the specs. string spacing is 10.8M. I know the nut will fit but how do you measure the string spacing? What about the posts? Hmmm. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Bill@Ibanez
#32 Posted : 7/28/2016 1:14:30 PM
Bill@Ibanez

Groups: Moderator, Administration
Was thanked: 421 time(s) in 411 post(s)
Originally Posted by: PinkFloydRose53 Go to Quoted Post
Hey rockin' rockers need some info. I own a 2000 RG270dx.It has a floating trem with no name stamped anywhere on it.Anywho, to string it up you run the string through a tube that is small enough to hold the ball end of the string from pulling through. It's a cool design to increase resonance and sustain with the strings running through the whole bridge.On the down side the high e string {because we are always adjusting the Floyd's) with tuning etc, it literally unwraps the string from the ball. So I have to have aEh bunch of high e strings on hand. I want to change out the trem. There's one I am looking at and here are the specs. string spacing is 10.8M. I know the nut will fit but how do you measure the string spacing? What about the posts? Hmmm. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

A few things to consider:

• Not all tremolos have the same actual dimensions. I'm referring to the total width and length along with the size and shape of the tremolo block underneath. Because of this, many trems don't physically fit in the guitar's cavity and you may need to set up a router to cut the trem cavity larger!
  • String spacing, post spacing and nut size should be measured with a millimeter ruler on your model to confirm that it will match. String spacing should be from the core of one string to the next. If you want to measure the entire span from the center of the low E to the center of the high E, you can just divide that number by 5 to get the space from string to string.
  • If the post spacing doesn't match, or if the new posts use different anchors, you will likely need to remove the old anchors, fill the wood of the body at those 2 post anchor holes, and redrill new holes to mount the new tremolo anchors. This will need to be fairly precise to make sure the strings align correctly on the fretboard and that you can properly intonate the tremolo.

All in all, I'd just like to mention that unless it ends up being the same size, with a lot of the same dimensions, it is a big job to do this correctly. Definitely not the easiest thing and depending on how much you need to route/redrill, you might end up with something not as good as what was originally on there.

Lastly, here is the original catalog entry for your 2000 RG270DX. Good luck!
http://www.ibanez.com/an...hp?cat_id=242&now=5
SylentCommando
#33 Posted : 8/4/2016 11:02:33 PM
SylentCommando

Man
I just got the same guitar 1997 Ibanez RG270 with the no name tremolo. A Floyd Rose will fit, I just tried it since I had one sitting around here. I am going to order a chrome one to match the hardware. If you want to buy a Floyd rose I know where to get one cheap. Its the MIK Original Floyd Rose still genuine and made by Floyd Rose only made in Korea.
2009 Ibanez RGD320

2013 Ibanez RG421QM
SylentCommando
#34 Posted : 8/8/2016 3:39:48 AM
SylentCommando

Man
Here is pictures of a Black Floyd Rose in My 1997 Ibanez RG270.

2009 Ibanez RGD320

2013 Ibanez RG421QM
Zenki200
#35 Posted : 10/3/2016 9:35:01 PM
Zenki200

I note that the list states that an Original Floyd Rose will fit an Edge Pro/ Pro II cavity. It doesn't.

I have an RG370DX with an Edge Pro II and tried to fit an OFR and FR1000 into the cavity. The saddle block bolts that protrude from the rear of the trem foul the body at the back out the rout recess. They overhang by around 3mm on the low E string and G string and just touch on the A string and B string. You will either have to extend the rout by around 5mm or get some shorter bolts to allow full movement of the trem.
LoneGuitarist
#36 Posted : 10/4/2016 4:17:00 AM

can somebody enlighten on STd-Dl trem bridgestoo?
Stonewall_Apone
#38 Posted : 10/26/2016 2:42:43 PM
Stonewall_Apone

Man
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has trem-swap info on the generic "single locking tremolo" that came with lower model Ibanez in the late 90's. I have an RG220 that I am refinishing, and have concidered upgrading all the parts. Does anyone know which trems would fit that cavity? (Both OFR and Ibanez trems I'm fine with)

I appreciate any info on this, as I am not having luck finding this info regarding the generic Ibanez trem in question.

Thanks!
Engl Invader 2

PRS Custom 24
Ibanez RG3250mz
LTD EC-1000
jep1210
#37 Posted : 9/12/2017 7:25:44 PM

Originally Posted by: LoneGuitarist Go to Quoted Post
can somebody enlighten on STd-Dl trem bridgestoo?

I'm trying to find out some info on these too. I have the Standard Double Locking bridge on my 2017 RG470 and want to know what I can replace it with. None of the on-line guides mention the Standard DL bridge. The European version of the RG470, RG370 offers an Edge Zero II bridge, does that mean that will fit in an RG470 with a STD-DL bridge? Is that even an upgrade?

Here's some shots of what I got