Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

AEG10E Pickup Replacement
Joshua Theoder
#1 Posted : 9/27/2015 11:51:38 AM

Groups: Member
Hi guys.....after like around 3 years my under saddle pickup has refused to sound out the low strings :p.....how do I replace only the pickup without the preamp? :D
RIX
#2 Posted : 9/27/2015 4:27:54 PM
RIX

Man
Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Hello Joshua,

What troubleshooting steps have you taken?

To nail down which pickup you need we need to know which preamp you have, since the AEG10 series has changed. Is it this one?

AEG10 preamp

You can go to the Ibanez parts page and search to find replacement pickup; below is the link:

Ibanez Parts Page

This could be the pickup (part number 5APU21F) you need if you have the preamp shown above:

https://cs.hoshinogakki.co.jp/icons/images/picture/5APU21F_2M_01.jpg

Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by: Joshua Theoder Go to Quoted Post
Hi guys.....after like around 3 years my under saddle pickup has refused to sound out the low strings :p.....how do I replace only the pickup without the preamp? :D

RIX
Joshua Theoder
#3 Posted : 9/29/2015 11:13:49 AM

Hi there.... that's the exact same pickup and preamp...I found a pickup on amazon but I have no idea how to wire it :D......i tried removing the preamp faceplate trying to learn something abt the wiring but ultimately failed :)
RIX
#4 Posted : 9/29/2015 6:26:22 PM
RIX

Man
Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Hi Joshua, if you look close at the pickup there is a connector at one end, so no need to wire anything. The preamp has to be removed, so that you can open up the back of preamp to disconnect the old pickup and connect in the new one.

Where did you run into trouble when you tried removing the preamp's faceplate?

Do you know if there is an instrument shop near you where you can take the guitar and have a tech do the work for you?

Originally Posted by: Joshua Theoder Go to Quoted Post
Hi there.... that's the exact same pickup and preamp...I found a pickup on amazon but I have no idea how to wire it :D......i tried removing the preamp faceplate trying to learn something abt the wiring but ultimately failed :)

RIX