Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

accoustic/electric basses
njbassguy
#1 Posted : 12/2/2015 7:45:35 PM

Groups: Member
Man
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi all. I'm the proud owner of a pre-owned AEB5E. Plays like a dream. I was looking at the a/E basses. I noticed some of the basses take 2aa batteries, while one model takes a 9 volt battery (different tuner/pre-amp situation I guess). I myself prefer using a 9 volt battery (more convenient, IMO). I think all the a/e basses should be this way. Also, why not add a battery meter to the pre-amp so no worries about the guitar going south at a public jam gig. Also nice if we the a/e basses came with the fanned frets like their big brothers have. All this is my opinion, & hope the techies over at the Ibanez HQ see my suggestions.
Bill@Ibanez
#2 Posted : 12/3/2015 3:53:52 PM
Bill@Ibanez

Groups: Moderator, Administration
Was thanked: 411 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Nice suggestions!

The AEB5 is more on the budget end, so some of the features would probably make it a little more expensive! The fanned fret stuff is awesome! but also very new to us. I could definitely see Ibanez choosing to expand the fanned fret basses in the future.

The wierd thing about the battery indicator, is that there are some higher end models, both bass and six string, that don't have it! It makes sense, but for some reason, a lot of the preamps in these models don't have one.

Either way, enjoy that bass!
-Bill
#3 Posted : 1/26/2016 7:33:30 PM
Groups:
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Message was deleted by a Moderator.