Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Two new Ibanez AEL2012E-TKS 1205 12 strings with buckle in top
waigyuk
#1 Posted : 4/10/2016 3:37:30 AM

Groups: Member
I bought a new Ibanez AEL2012E-TKS 1205 a couple of weeks ago and a week later noticed a slight buckle in the top near the bridge when my living room light reflected on it.

The shop didn't have any more in stock so they ordered an identical replacement guitar which was sent directly from the UK distributor (Headstock Distribution).

I got the replacement guitar yesterday, they both have the same buckle in the top.

(As an update to this post I have just added to the video my very old, completely beyond repair, cheap acoustic that I bought for £50 in 1980. It has very high action even with the bridge set as low as possible.)

COMPARISON VIDEO HERE OF 1ST IBANEZ, 2ND IBANEZ AND MY OLD GUITAR

As you can see the Ibanez deformation is exactly the same as my old worn out acoustic.

The Ibanez serial numbers are only out by three so they were more than likely finished on the same day in the same factory.

I've kept the one from the distributor mostly because it hasn't been on sale in the shop so hasn't been played.
The buckle is maybe a tiny bit less deep on the one from the distributor.

I still feel a bit disappointed by this as I expect a flat top on a new guitar.

I know Headstock distribution are just the distributors.
I would like Ibanez to confirm if these guitars are supposed to be like this, but the only contact for Ibanez in the UK is Headstock.

Anyone else have the same guitar?