Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

AEG12ii-nt tuner not working?
llcoll
#1 Posted : 5/5/2016 11:39:05 PM

Groups: Member
Hello all!

I just bought an Ibanez AEG12ii-nt from Guitar Center. The only one left in stock they had was the floor model (this could be a source of the problem I guess).

I tested out the preamp and it works like a charm, however the tuner doesn't seem to be working.

Whenever I hit the tuner button, nothing happens for a solid thirty seconds, and then the two arrows and the circle between them light up red. They stay red for a while, and then the arrows turn red while the circle turns green. Next, the three lights turn green. After this, the arrows and circle go out, but the scale lights red. Then, different parts of the scale light up and others turn off. Finally, everything turns off, and whenever I play an open string, nothing happens.

I have switched out the batteries and again, the preamp works amazingly, including the three eq knobs.

I haven't seen anything pertaining to this anywhere online, nor have I seen it addressed in the Ibanez manuals I've checked.

Any help would be appreciated,
Thank you!
RIX
#2 Posted : 5/6/2016 4:49:40 PM
RIX

Groups: Member
Man
Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 53 post(s)
Hello llcoll, and welcome to the forum.

I have seen this guitar at GC and another the AEG18; both use the same preamp. I played both guitars and on both the built in tuners worked perfectly.

I would suggest that while it is still under warranty taking it back to GC and have them fix the preamp or replace the guitar. I don't believe there is anything you can do to fix this yourself and beside you would probably end up voiding the warranty if you try. I know that means you'll be without a guitar for a while, but its better to have a guitar that is working at 100% than not.

Good luck let us know the out come,
RIX
1 user thanked RIX for this useful post.
llcoll on 5/7/2016(UTC)