Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Ibanez SA series vs Ibanez JS140
FlyingInABlueDream
#1 Posted : 8/27/2016 10:41:38 PM

Groups: Member
I am wanting to buy a guitar where I can sound similar to Joe Satriani. Granted I know its all in his fingers and huge pedal rig. I am wanting to spend around the £500 mark. The JS140 is just a bit too out of my budget range at £700. I am bidding on a a JS1000 on ebay but I do not see myself winning it as it is allready at £520.

So I am wondering if the Ibanez SA360QM is comparable to the JS140 guitar. My amp is a Fender Mustang 3.

Any advice would be appreciated if the Ibanez SA360QM is a good guitar or if you can suggest any similar for no more than £500.

Thanks

Tom
Bill@Ibanez
#2 Posted : 8/29/2016 7:41:17 PM
Bill@Ibanez

Groups: Moderator, Administration
Was thanked: 411 time(s) in 401 post(s)
The biggest difference you'll find in the JS models and something more affordable is probably the pickups that are used. I'm sure there is a lot of things on the other side you could use to improve the sound(amps/effects/etc.), but the biggest game changer is the pickups.

If you are trying to get the best sound at a lower price, I would try and find something that already has better pickups in it(at your price it will probably be a used model) or buy a more inexpensive model and install aftermarket pickups in it to improve the sound.