Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Mandolin Ibanez M510E - Custom Order???
Karli
#1 Posted : 8/30/2016 3:49:39 PM
Karli

Groups: Member
Man
I am a Mandolin-Player in a Folk-Duo, we are called “Badger’s Brothers”. I play an IBANEZ Mandolin: the M510E-BS! And I love it so much. I play this little gem every gig and for the last two and a half years it never let me down – not once! Live I am playing it just with a Boss EQ-Pedal nothing else and it sounds amazing. I wanted to let you know, that this little Mandolin is with me every gig that we play and I am deeply in love with it.

Does anybody here in this forum knwo if there is a way of ordering a custom painted Mandolin? I would love to have this Mandolin in BLACK and/or WHITE! Who could I turn to? Does anybody have an idea? I would be thankful for any hint!!!

Take care and all the best
Karli
Bill@Ibanez
#2 Posted : 8/30/2016 4:31:50 PM
Bill@Ibanez

Groups: Moderator, Administration
Was thanked: 421 time(s) in 411 post(s)
Unfortunately, I don't see that Ibanez makes a white or black version of this, except an older "exclusive" model that I found here:
http://www.musicarts.com...AIN0079811-i4650584.mac

I don't believe that Ivory color is really available anywhere other than in the United States from GuitarCenter/Musicians Friend/Music & Arts. To try and find what you want, I'd recommend that you:
  1. Talk to the German distributor to make sure they don't have access to either of these finishes from the factory.
  2. Try to find one of the above mentioned Ivory ones from the States and have someone ship it to you.
  3. As a last resort, you could try to find a shop or person who is able to refinish guitars and ask them to refinish one of these models to match your preferences.

Hope this helps!
-Bill