Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Kudos to Ibanez for the ToneBlaster 225
Schadenfreudian
#1 Posted : 8/31/2016 2:14:21 AM

Groups: Member
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I wanted to give a shout-out to Ibanez' electronic engineers and designers for producing a nicely-voiced solid-state amp, the ToneBlaster 225, at what seems like a ridiculously modest price: I paid $125. It's also a looker of an amp, but in an understated way--it's just nicely organized/sharp-looking with easy-to-read dials and settings.

Admittedly, I wouldn't have ever considered buying an Ibanez amp until I saw the price (and remembered that Ibanez makes a line of wicked pedals, notably the Tube Screamer). So I tried it out--NICE! The OD channel sounds really sweetly distorted with somewhat of a dark voicing. It sounds spectacular when mic'd with the overdrive and chorus channels simultaneously engaged through a PA system. Even without mic'ing, it was satisfyingly loud (for an audience up to 100, I suppose). Note: The footswitch is sold separately, which I guess I should have expected, given the price of the amp.

So...great job, Ibanez!
Tracy Dae
#2 Posted : 9/7/2016 2:22:04 AM
Tracy Dae

Groups: Member
Woman
Was thanked: 108 time(s) in 105 post(s)
I've never owned one but I had a chance to play through a couple over the years. They are great little amps.
The mind is like a parachute...
...It only works when its open.