Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Premium/iron label truss rod
Alex4R
#1 Posted : 11/8/2016 7:58:28 PM
Alex4R

Groups: Member
Man
I picked up a new SIX6FDFM last week, replaced the strings and started making little adjustments to the truss rod, and it seemed to have tension in the opposite direction (to create more relief). There was some resistance for a quarter of a turn or so before it slacked off to no tension leading me to believe it may have a dual action truss rod. Anyone know if this is the case? Another thing worth noting is that it required a 4mm hex rather than the 7mm socket I'm used to. I believe it's a Nitro Wizard neck. Thanks!
'15 PWM100 | '91 FGM100-PS #977 | '00 S520-WNF |'01 & '02 S1520FB-NT Prestige
Bill@Ibanez
#2 Posted : 11/8/2016 8:11:01 PM
Bill@Ibanez

Groups: Moderator, Administration
Was thanked: 421 time(s) in 411 post(s)
Yes.

This uses a dual action truss and it is adjustable in both directions. Once you get to that "slacked" position in the center you can continue turning to adjust in the opposite direction if needed.

4mm is definitely correct for what we are using in a lot of our current electric and acoustic guitars. The exception seems to be with the Prestige models that end up using the 7mm socket you were referring to.

Hope this helps!
-Bill
Alex4R
#3 Posted : 11/9/2016 5:47:19 PM
Alex4R

Groups: Member
Man
Perfect, thanks Bill! I wanted to make sure before I started adjusting it.

All of my other guitars are Japanese made, either Prestige or signatures. I have had a couple of Korean models in the past, but this is my first made at the Indonesian factory and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't impressed. The fretwork and overall playability really surprised me. It's a lot of guitar for the money! Finally an S with a reverse head stock! The USA Custom-esque logo is a nice touch as well. :)

'15 PWM100 | '91 FGM100-PS #977 | '00 S520-WNF |'01 & '02 S1520FB-NT Prestige