Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

More Fixed bridges on the Prestige RG Series
luca80
#1 Posted : 11/14/2016 2:57:51 PM

Groups: Member
I really wish that they had more options on the RG Prestige series, i want to buy a Prestige but I'm a rhythm guitarist and I don`t use whammy bars, so I`ll probably have to settle for a premium because i don`t like the finishes on the RG Prestige fixed bridges and the songs we play in my band are in D standard and Drop C, why don`t they make a fixed bridge version and a whammy version for each model??
Maybe I'm a little fussy but after you decide to go over £1000 for a guitar, you probably want to be happy with the look of the guitar too, not just the performance.
Anyone agrees with me? it would be nice if Ibanez was more aware of this issue.
I hope that the new run for 2017 has more options
Bill@Ibanez
#2 Posted : 11/15/2016 3:00:54 PM
Bill@Ibanez

Groups: Moderator, Administration
Was thanked: 400 time(s) in 391 post(s)
I agree, as I am a fixed bridge player myself!

I'm sure there are reasons to keep the options lower and not offer a TON of different configurations. And I'm sure in some way it makes sense from a business standpoint, but I would love to be able to pick and choose finishes and features like that.

Also, I can't attest to what options are available in your country,m but I know that here in the US, we do have a good amount of fixed options compared to the floating bridge options:

I do hope to see a little more one for one next year though. There are still finishes in floating bridge models you can't get with a fixed bridge, so it would be good to see those matched.

-Bill