Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Stronger Springs
micmac
#1 Posted : 11/28/2016 5:50:22 PM

Groups: Member
Where can i get stronger Springs for my Ibanez with ZP3 System ?

I have tuned down to D and changed to 11 strings but now i have to tune my guitar alot more often, will
a stronger spring help or is the ibanez prestige serie not made for tuned i D ?
Bill@Ibanez
#2 Posted : 12/1/2016 2:26:38 PM
Bill@Ibanez

Groups: Moderator, Administration
Was thanked: 421 time(s) in 411 post(s)
Changing the string gauge and/or tuning will require a change in the spring tension. This doesn't necessarily mean that you'll need to get a heavier gauge spring, but that you just may need to tighten the ones you have.

The important thing here, is that you are able to get the spring tension in the back to match the string tension. This would ensure that the tremolo is set up properly and that the correct amount of tension brings the guitar back to pitch after using the tremolo. If you've gotten to the end of "play" in the spring and you still have not balanced the trem, then you would need a heavier spring. Otherwise, it shouldn't be a problem as long as the tremolo is balanced correctly.

-Bill
micmac
#3 Posted : 12/1/2016 5:13:58 PM

Groups: Member
yes i know and intonation and maybe neck adjust but after i changed to bigger strings i shall tune my guitar a little bit more often.

Maybe the RGD 6 String dont have that problem ? and i use 11-56 strings if i use thinner strings my strings get to loose, i can see your RGD have 46 strings,
do they not get loose/slobby when the strings are that thin, or do the extra length fix that ?.

Btw my main Axe are 2 Ibanez RG and RGA Prestige born with 42 strings and now i use 56 strings maybe that is not a good thing, maybe i should get a RGD?

What do you thing?