Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Ibanez V302?
Hennie
#1 Posted : 12/8/2016 5:09:16 PM

Groups: Member

Hello all, my name is Hennie and I live in the Netherlands.

I bought a V302. It really looks nice, sounds good with enormous sustain and plays easy.
(The strange effects on the border of the guitar are on the picture but not there in reality)

However, reading about the guitar at different websites on the internet, I got a bit confused.

I can't find any serialnumber inside or outside the guitar. I read that here has been a period without serial numbers, but the text on the sticker is also special.(Hand built to exacting standards in Japan) and no serial number.

The sticker inside says:

The Mark of Quality
Acoustic guitar Ibanez
Hand built to exacting standards in Japan
Model No V302
Made in Japan

Is this possible and can it be identified?

Regards,

Hennie Jansen
RIX
#2 Posted : 12/8/2016 11:45:53 PM
RIX

Man
Was thanked: 49 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Hello Hennie, and welcome to the forum.

Great looking guitar. I found your model guitar in the 1981 and 1982 catalogs see the link below for the 1981 catalog page:

1981 Ibanez Acoustic Catalog

With out the serial it will be hard to date when your guitar was made. You might try looking around the inside of the guitar for a serial number. Try checking the neck block or any of the bracing for a stamped number (sometimes the stamped number will have faded).

Hope that helps and lets us know if you find it.

Originally Posted by: Hennie Go to Quoted Post

I bought a V302. It really looks nice, sounds good with enormous sustain and plays easy.
(The strange effects on the border of the guitar are on the picture but not there in reality)

However, reading about the guitar at different websites on the internet, I got a bit confused.

I can't find any serialnumber inside or outside the guitar. I read that here has been a period without serial numbers, but the text on the sticker is also special.(Hand built to exacting standards in Japan) and no serial number.

The sticker inside says:

The Mark of Quality
Acoustic guitar Ibanez
Model No V302
Made in Japan

Regards,

Hennie Jansen

RIX
Hennie
#3 Posted : 12/9/2016 1:06:40 AM

Thanks for the reply and link to the catalog.

I checked the outside and the inside with a lamp. No serial number there on the wood or sticker.

Meanwhile I have read also that the use of serial numbers at Ibanez started in 1975 and later there was also other text on the sticker "crafted in japan".
That confuses me :(

Just now I found something on a forum (http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209331) :
I have a 1978 brochure showing the V302. It is a 12-string spruce top, mahogany sides/back, black and white binding, mahogany neck, rosewood finger board, position dots, chrome covered machine heads, came in natural or brown sunburst (V302BS). The top is laminate as they don't show a solid top for this one and if they did it would be a V302S or V302/S.

I found the catalogs from 1971 upwards and couldnt find a 302 in 1978. (http://s93105080.onlinehome.us/Ibanez-Catalogs/).

On the other hand, modelnames in the seventies seemed to have only numbers and no letters.

So I'm still not sure what the year would be :(

Originally Posted by: RIX Go to Quoted Post
Hello Hennie, and welcome to the forum.

Great looking guitar. I found your model guitar in the 1981 and 1982 catalogs see the link below for the 1981 catalog page:

1981 Ibanez Acoustic Catalog

With out the serial it will be hard to date when your guitar was made. You might try looking around the inside of the guitar for a serial number. Try checking the neck block or any of the bracing for a stamped number (sometimes the stamped number will have faded).

Hope that helps and lets us know if you find it.

Originally Posted by: Hennie Go to Quoted Post

The sticker inside says:

The Mark of Quality
Acoustic guitar Ibanez
Model No V302
Made in Japan

Regards,

Hennie Jansen

RIX
#4 Posted : 12/11/2016 5:14:39 PM
RIX

Man
Was thanked: 49 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Hennie, without a serial it will be very difficult to date your guitar. You might try the Ibanez Collectors Page and see someone there can help you date your guitar. Below is the link:

http://www.ibanezcollectors.com/

Lets us know if you get an answer.
RIX
globalet93
#6 Posted : 12/14/2016 1:07:00 AM

Bokep360.Com web site those over 18 in Car and computer Smoking.
Hennie
#5 Posted : 12/14/2016 8:22:45 PM

Originally Posted by: RIX Go to Quoted Post
Hennie, without a serial it will be very difficult to date your guitar. You might try the Ibanez Collectors Page and see someone there can help you date your guitar. Below is the link:

http://www.ibanezcollectors.com/

Lets us know if you get an answer.

Thanks, I went to http://www.ibanezcollectors.com.
After an extra hint to find a number on the neck heel, I found the number 800125.

The conclusion from that number was that the year was 1980.

Thanks everybody for the help and input.

Hennie Jansen