Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Ibanez S5570 Pickups?
Punk
#1 Posted : 1/21/2017 10:33:55 AM

Groups: Member
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi folks..

Is it possible to get any info on the Ibanez S5570 TKS pickups as I don't seem to be able to find any real details.

neck pickup HGD1 (H) neck pickup (Passive/Alnico)
middle pickup ST2 (S) middle pickup (Passive/Alnico)

The marketing says:

'high-octane Hot Grinder humbuckers, the Short Tracer single-coil pickup'

Aggressive, articulate tone from specially designed HGD & ST Pickups
The Hot Grinder pickups are specially designed for the S Prestige—gain is optimised
yet sharpness is not sacrificed. The Short Tracer single coil pickup matches perfectly
with the hot humbuckers making the S guitars among the most versatile.

Are they made by Ibanez themselves or are they in fact made by Dimarzio, and if so what are they closest to in the current Dimarzio line?

Anywhere to find the specific output ratings?

I actually just bought this guitar and am finding the pickups a little glassy for my tastes. I am thinking to swap them for a Seymour Duncan JB and 59 combination:

http://www.seymourduncan...9-a-classic-combination

Do you think this would be a good choice in the S5570's slim mahogany and maple neck? I play a lot of jazz fusion and have had the 59 neck on several other guitars and adore the warm round organic I get from it
but they were all ash bodies. I'm hearing the 59' can fail badly on Mahogany bodies.

Thank you.
Bill@Ibanez
#2 Posted : 1/25/2017 1:34:36 PM
Bill@Ibanez

Groups: Moderator, Administration
Was thanked: 411 time(s) in 401 post(s)
The stock pickups on that model were not made by DiMarzio as far as I can tell. As far as the output rating, Ibanez doesn't usually have this information on their pickups. At least, you won't find any output ratings/resistance values listed on anything that Ibanez has put out. Only way to tell for sure is to have someone test the set themselves.

I think the JB and 59 would be great in this guitar. If you like the sound of these pickups, I'd say they'll probably sound similar in the S series model. I haven't done a lot of playing around with different pickups, but from what I've heard/played, I've found the body wood can give you a slight difference in tone, but won't do much to alter the pickups original characteristics.

Hope this helps,
-Bill