Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

History on Cimar 12-string (company purchased by Ibanez)
EJSKIPPER
#1 Posted : 1/22/2017 10:46:14 PM

Groups: Member
Greetings fellow Musicians and Ibanez guitar users. Ran across this site before but just now thought I might want to join up and take a look-see at how other folks are enjoying their various Ibanez-type guitars. One of the first I purchased over the years was back in 2010, piced up a new Artcore AK95-SD and still enjoy it to the max; one of the best sounding, maintenance-free guitars I own (and I have a few). Many times I've been approached as to "what model is that"? since, to be honest, I have never found another one like it. I've been fortunate over the years (beginning in 1960) with my very first guitar purchase - a 12-string straight-on, non-electric Acoustic made by "Harmony." I even had it with me, taking it along to the resort cities and areas of Vietnam, Thailand, Okinawa, Laos, Cambodia, etc.; staying with me over the years through 1966. Had to finally "retire it" from superb service when, after too many "various holes" and other injuries, it literally "collapsed" on me one night.
A few years later while stationed on Okinawa, I came across and purchased another 12-string, non-electric (and a new case without holes). The "Brand New Guitar" was a "Cimar" brand, which was originally made by "Hoshino Gakki, out of Nagoya, Aichi, Japan". The Cimar brand (Model 370-12 No. 40917); the company brand was eventually purchased by the "Ibanez Guitar Company" (date unknown). I just know that it has been a superb edition to my fine collection of outstanding-playing instruments all these years.

Skip.........
Bill@Ibanez
#2 Posted : 1/25/2017 1:46:29 PM
Bill@Ibanez

Groups: Moderator, Administration
Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 397 post(s)
I'm honestly not sure exactly when/how Ibanez acquired Cimar. However, the Ibanez Catalog Archive actually does have some Cimar catalogs peppered throughout the 70s and 80s catalogs:
http://www.ibanez.com/anniversary/index.html

You can poke around and see what you can identify. Hope this helps!
-Bill