Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Promethean P3110 combo cooling fan not working
ficelles
#1 Posted : 1/24/2017 2:23:41 PM

Groups: Member
The cooling fan in my Promethean P3110 combo isn't working... nothing wrong with the fan itself as I've taken it out and run it off battery power and it's fine, so there must be a problem on the amplifier board.

Can anyone tell me why the board wouldn't be powering the fan no matter how hot the amp gets? I'm guessing thermostatically controlled and a dead thermostat but maybe it's something else.

I really need a schematic or at least some advice on a fix... if there's 12VDC anywhere on the board I can tap into I don't mind if the fan runs constantly, that's better than not at all...

Tia,

ficelles
ficelles
#2 Posted : 1/28/2017 4:23:46 PM

Really disappointed at the lack of response in here and to emails direct to Ibanez. I guess if you have an out-of-warranty Promethean and it goes wrong, you're stuck.
Bill@Ibanez
#3 Posted : 1/30/2017 3:15:52 PM
Bill@Ibanez

Groups: Moderator, Administration
Was thanked: 411 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Hello,

Unfortunately, most of the users here probably don't have too much technical knowledge of amp wiring. Sadly, we aren't going to be of much help with specific wiring issues/troubleshooting. I'd try to reach out to the distributor in your area to see if they can help in any way. For the UK, it would be Headstock Distribution:
http://www.ibanez.com/contact/detail.php?country_id=81&area_id=3

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!
-Bill
ficelles
#4 Posted : 1/31/2017 10:21:15 AM

To be honest I was hoping for a response from Ibanez themselves, either in here or by email. I am used to manufacturers who communicate directly with their customers but I guess that was too much to hope for in this case.
Bill@Ibanez
#5 Posted : 1/31/2017 2:06:23 PM
Bill@Ibanez

Groups: Moderator, Administration
Was thanked: 411 time(s) in 401 post(s)
ficelles;520970 wrote:
To be honest I was hoping for a response from Ibanez themselves, either in here or by email. I am used to manufacturers who communicate directly with their customers but I guess that was too much to hope for in this case.

Hoshino Gakki is the parent company of Ibanez guitars and they are based in Japan. I don't believe they have much contact globally with consumers. Really, the distributors for each country should be fielding any product questions and service issues. For example, you'll see a facebook presence for Ibanez UK separate from the Ibanez facebook for the USA. This would be the closest you could get to talking direct to the company, short of learning Japanese and trying to contact Hoshino Gakki themselves! haha.