Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Which btb is that?
Dr.Gonzo
#1 Posted : 2/1/2017 12:29:00 PM
Dr.Gonzo

Groups: Member
Man
Hallo everybody I'm new on this forum and i hope you can help me about this bass i recently bought. The bass is a beast but i don't know which btb is and his range of price. I think it is an 850 spw sol as shown on the leaflet. serial n F0030500 made in Japan in 2000.[img]null[/img] but honestly, i didn't get any specific and detailed information about it. hope your knowledge could help me. p.s. i bought it for 480 euros shipped. i tried also to ask to Ibanez japan but they don't speak with other nations. i asked to ibanez italy, uk, Germany and usa. they don't know anything about it. i try to upload some photos. thank you in advance, Dr.Gonzo
File Attachment(s):
7.jpg (364kb) downloaded 2 time(s).
Dr.Gonzo attached the following image(s):
Dr.Gonzo attached the following image(s): 5022104_1484837052.jpg
Dr.Gonzo attached the following image(s): 5022104_1484837055.jpg
Bill@Ibanez
#2 Posted : 2/1/2017 3:10:05 PM
Bill@Ibanez

Groups: Moderator, Administration
Was thanked: 411 time(s) in 401 post(s)
This definitely correlates to the spec of BTB's of that same time period:
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/...hp?cat_id=10&now=16

The powder cosmo bridges and tuners with Black knobs were fairly common on the BTB's at the time. Your top wood is a little unique and I've found some other pictures that show up with the BTB850SPW like you mentioned. Unfortunately, I have no old info showing what this model was exactly. I'd say it is pretty safe to be this is the BTB850SPW, but without any kind of Ibanez catalog showing this model(that I could find) I cannot say for sure.

Most likely, this was some kind of limited model, or just a short run that didn't make it into a catalog. The top woods look like quilted bubinga with maple and walnut in the center.

Never mind my first response! This is definitely the BTB850SPW. I just found the leaflet that shows this model here:
http://www.ibanez.com/an...hp?cat_id=243&now=7

Hope this helps!
-Bill
Dr.Gonzo
#3 Posted : 2/1/2017 9:38:02 PM
Dr.Gonzo

Man
thank you for replying! in your opinion how can i get his price? i tried to send emails to Japanese ibanez sellers but with no answers.. i think his range of price could be from 900 to 1200 euros (new) or maybe more.. I'm so curious because I saw this bass just on the leaflet, mine and 2 (second hand) more on a famous Italian web site colled "mercatino musicale" and they think that bass is a btb 500 limited edition. wrong! than if you write on Google "ibanez btb 850" .... there is nothing about it.. said that, i want to say it was maybe the best bass I could have! I've a Gibson thunderbird Iv and, just sold an American fender jazz. the Gibson is on same jazzs way!
Bill@Ibanez
#4 Posted : 2/2/2017 2:59:03 PM
Bill@Ibanez

Groups: Moderator, Administration
Was thanked: 411 time(s) in 401 post(s)
That bass is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Unfortunately, there isn't a magic formula or guide to tell you the price. I usually try to check ebay's sold listings, but they don't have any of this specific model that were recently sold. I did search for other BTB models to see what the used pricing was turning out to be and it looks like some similar Japanese BTBs are selling around $400-$600 with a small handful going higher than that.

Seeing how limited your model is, I could see a collector maybe paying $600-$800 for it, but ultimately, if it is being bought by a player just looking for a bass to gig on, probably safe to say $400-$600 if it is in decent shape.

Hope this helps,
-Bill
Dr.Gonzo
#5 Posted : 2/3/2017 7:42:42 AM
Dr.Gonzo

Man
of course it does help me! i though his range price could be more, but i finally sent a mail to Ibanez Japanese due a help from hishibashi Japanese distributor. I'm still waiting for the reply... I'll let you know. thank again!
Dr.Gonzo
#6 Posted : 2/22/2017 7:51:13 AM
Dr.Gonzo

Man
Hallo again! this is what Ibanez Jp told me in a mail:

Dear Edoardo,

Thank you very much for your inquiry and we apologize for the delay in response.
According to the photo and serial number, the item must be BTB850SPW-SOL as you mentioned.

The item is made in Japan manufactured in year 2000. Although exact price information is not available because it depends on the country where it was sold originally, it is surely high price range product (retail price: around Euro 1,200).

We hope the above information will do.
Thank you very much again for your inquiry.

Sincerely,
Hoshino Gakki (Ibanez/TAMA)
Sales dept.

For 480€shipped, it s more than a deal!
Thank you guys! cheers!