Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

RG420BK (1986) ... i lost the balance
Segomil
#1 Posted : 9/28/2016 5:45:17 PM

Groups: Member
Hi

I have the RG420BK (1986) in good condition ... the bridge is a IBANEZ EDGE model.

But a few months ago i changed my strings without paying attention to the balance of the bridge ... & i lost the balance ... so because i was without documentation to help me with my problem, i let the guitar & i don't use it anymore ... but i love it & since i tried many time to balance it but without succes !

Can someone help me ? ... video ect ... i really want to use this guitar again because i used it for record piece of music !

Thanks

Daniel
Yodstar
#2 Posted : 2/23/2017 12:42:58 PM

I'm surprised no one has replied to this yet. The fix is easy to do, but requires patience. You didn't say what gauge you went from & to. So since I don't know, you will need the following: #1 Phillips screwdriver #2 Phillips screwdriver, plus your usual Allen wrenches & a tuner. First remove back trem cover using #1 Phillips. Then look at your trem. If the rear is too high, tighten spring claw screws 1/4 turn at a time with #2 Phillips & retune. Keep doing this till you get it level. If the rear is lower, do the opposite. If you ended up tighten screws all the way in, you need to add a spring. If you loosened them too far out, you need to remove one.
Segomil
#3 Posted : 2/23/2017 4:07:00 PM

Originally Posted by: Yodstar Go to Quoted Post
I'm surprised no one has replied to this yet. The fix is easy to do, but requires patience. You didn't say what gauge you went from & to. So since I don't know, you will need the following: #1 Phillips screwdriver #2 Phillips screwdriver, plus your usual Allen wrenches & a tuner. First remove back trem cover using #1 Phillips. Then look at your trem. If the rear is too high, tighten spring claw screws 1/4 turn at a time with #2 Phillips & retune. Keep doing this till you get it level. If the rear is lower, do the opposite. If you ended up tighten screws all the way in, you need to add a spring. If you loosened them too far out, you need to remove one.

Hi ...the Gauge is 10-46 ... i already do this & i forgot to mention that when i play & that i stretch the strings (solo) the bridge move & i lost the tuning. So is the bridge must be stablelized ? Is this has a link with the Springs bridge ? ... tight the screws or loosened ,,, is that a choice ?
Bill@Ibanez
#4 Posted : 2/23/2017 6:45:57 PM
Bill@Ibanez

Groups: Moderator, Administration
Was thanked: 387 time(s) in 378 post(s)
There are a good handful of things causing your issues. I would highly recommend reading through some guides on setting up floating tremolos to get a good foundation of knowledge. That way it will be easier to diagnose what is causing the issue. This one on our forum is pretty good at explaining floating tremolos:
http://forum.ibanez.com/...LOATING-TREM-GUIDE.aspx

Hope this helps!
-Bill