Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

F/S Feeler - pre-production, custom shop Saber s/n J870001
f.3
#1 Posted : 1/23/2017 5:38:33 PM

Groups: Member
Man
Feeler here, kids... (copied from my 9-year old thread)

I'm looking to possibly sell this J870001 custom saber, and need some input on whether I'm crazy for doing so... :)

Some "extenuating circumstances" Eh are putting me in a bit of a financial stress, so I may have to let it go - after owning this beauty for more than 25 years. BooHoo

Some history:
This guitar was ordered by Lou Franco (of Pretty Poison), and constructed by Mace Bailey (and Jim Donahue, too, I think) at the Ibanez custom shop in Bensalem PA in October of 1987.

A few years back (well after I originally posted the original thread), Lou got in touch with me to talk about the history of this guitar (and even play it again at one of his gigs!). About 8 years ago I had it brought back to it's glory by locally-respected (and now retired :( ) luthier Audric Jankauskas, who, as it happens, was a childhood friend of the original owner, Lou.

Needless to say, this guitar is very special in so many ways, and is very difficult for me to even think of letting it go. However, life sucks, and sometimes these things need to be done.

Opinions?

The attached pictures - except for the action shot - were taken just prior to the overhaul by Audric; the action shot is "post-overhaul"...
f.3 attached the following image(s):
f.3 attached the following image(s): ShotInOriginalCase1.jpg
f.3 attached the following image(s): Front.jpg
f.3 attached the following image(s): Back.jpg
f.3 attached the following image(s): SerialNo_J870001.jpg
f.3 attached the following image(s): NeckPocket_CustomShopOrderDetails_byMaceBailey.jpg
f.3 attached the following image(s): NeckStamp.jpg
f.3 attached the following image(s): ActionShot_Fall2009.jpg

Scream And Fly
#3 Posted : 2/27/2017 9:30:23 AM

Groups: Member
If it were mine, I would find a way to keep it. However, the value of this guitar really depends more on personal sentiment rather than market provenance. The Saber guitars dont seem to have the kind of collector appeal that some other models do, although I love 'em.

Depending on how badly you need cash will decide of course.

How much were you thinking? If you want, send me a PM.