Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Ibanez Woodshop series - anything I should know?
TheFiller
#1 Posted : 3/17/2017 10:48:15 PM

Groups: Member
So, I have owned more Ibanez guitars and basses over the last 30 years than I can honestly recall.

I have always had a 'thing' for the oddball and I the SRAS7 Ashula 7 string fretted/fretless just caters to that.

Here is my question: how is the quality of the Woodshop compared to the Prestige or Premium models? By quality, I mean hardware, electronics, fit and finish, etc.

I'm comfortable with the notion that the bass will take a beating on resale if a quick sale is needed as crowd this likely truly, truly appeals to is limited to me and like 4 other people (not literally, but you get my point; it won't have the universal appeal of a Jazz Bass or something). Even compared to the short run history of Woodshop models it wouldn't surprise me if this one is even shorter. That's kinda what happens to EVERYTHING I like. Something about only me being into it makes it not profitable. haha.

Thanks!
Bill@Ibanez
#2 Posted : 3/20/2017 7:07:20 PM
Bill@Ibanez

Groups: Moderator, Administration
Was thanked: 398 time(s) in 389 post(s)
The Bass Workshop models are on the same line as the Standard SR or Premium basses. Both the Standard and Premium series are made in Indonesia, but the Premiums generally have better hardware, electronics, and details.
http://www.ibanez.com/pr...;series_id=51&pre=7

The Ashula bass in particular uses the same bridge pieces as some of the Premium models and the electronics are a little unique, but still comparable to the Premiums.

Hope this helps,
-Bill