Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

RG655 just started buzzing
twangin6
#1 Posted : 3/27/2017 3:14:25 AM

Groups: Member
The guitar is 6 weeks old. Took it out of the case today and now have some serious buzzing on the high E from 9-15 B 16-20 G starts about the 4th fret and d goes from 9-22 or so. First day I got the guitar(3/18/17) I put 10's on it, tuned it down half a step and set the tremolo parallel to the body. Kept the string height as it was shipped. It was great until today. I didn't play it since last weekend and it seemed fine then. What happened? High E is just over 0.60 off the fret at the 12th. Not playable as is.
twangin6
#2 Posted : 3/29/2017 1:32:14 AM

Groups: Member
Too strange, raised the action up and still buzzed. The next night I pick up the guitar and no buzzing. Lowered the action back to 1.5 mm no buzzing.
Bill@Ibanez
#3 Posted : 4/3/2017 6:14:02 PM
Bill@Ibanez

Groups: Moderator, Administration
Was thanked: 409 time(s) in 399 post(s)
Very odd!

My first guess is the neck relief. If you changed the gauge to something else, the neck may need to be adjusted to have the correct straightness/curve to it.

Having put it down and picked it back up with no problems is an anomaly though! Guitars can and will change over time, especially during season changes when humidity or temperature changes, but over night seems too short a time to make any huge difference!