Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

40 year old Ibanez
willie53
#1 Posted : 4/13/2016 9:36:14 PM

Groups: Member
I bought my Ibanez in 75 or 76 in Northern Ireland. It was a small shop in a small town, so I'm not sure if the guitar had been in stock for a couple of weeks or years before I bought it. Can anyone shed any light on it. the label states Model 610, and gives place of manufacture as Nagoya, Japon. The "Japon" is how it is spelt on the label.

thanks,
Bill

Ibanez 610

Inner Label
RIX
#2 Posted : 4/14/2016 12:18:58 AM
RIX

Man
Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 53 post(s)
Hello willie53,

Your guitar looks pretty good for being 40 years old. Well I checked the catalog archive, but could not find a model 610. You might try the Ibanez Collectors Page maybe someone there can help you out. Below is the link to the collectors page.

Ibanez Collectors World

Here is the link to the catalog archives:

Ibanez Catalog Archive Page

Hope that helps.
RIX
HUWLEWIS
#3 Posted : 2/24/2017 2:18:23 PM

Hi Willie 53,

I found your post when looking for information on my 40 year old Ibanez. I see we have the same model(o) a 610 from "Japon" I bought mine in Darlington Co Durham in 75 or 76, second hand from some bloke that I no longer remember, it was advertised in the local paper. I paid around 30 pounds for it as I remember. The guitar seems quite basic, no case, no binding anywhere, simple dot inlays on the fret board, but it has mahogany back, side and neck, rosewood (I think) bridge and finger board and a solid (spruce?) top it has a seial number stamped in the wood beside the paper insert label 750501-could be a date..?. I have changed the rather nasty 3 in 1 tuners for some chrome gotohs. The guitar always sounded good, but never played very well and I could never get it in tune. Recently I had it overhauled by my guitar guru who refretted a little and leveled the frets with a big Gretch machine, and now the guitar sounds awesome and plays perectly in tune, it has a sound like a classic vintage 40 year old accoustic.
I would love to know more about this guitar, but like you have found no info about a 610 modelo from "Japon"! so if you did find out anything more I would be delighted if you could share it with me,
HUW LEWIS
nativehwn
#4 Posted : 4/9/2017 12:25:57 PM

Man
I've been trying to figure out the year and where my Ibanez was made and cane across the following page, here's what I found, hopefully it will help.

http://ibanez.wikia.com/wiki/Ibanez_serial_numbers?action=edit&section=27