Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

s670qm
alans
#1 Posted : 4/16/2017 12:06:55 PM

Groups: Member
Hi everyone

New member here from the UK,current owner of and very happy with my sa360qm in blue,I am currently looking at the new for 2017 s670qm in DEB spot run (4 months min waiting in UK ) as I sometimes like to play with a bit of palm muting,and find it comfortable on my sa360 ,I have been wondering if I would still find it just as comfortable on the s670 equipped with an Edge Zero 2 trem bridge.Also would I find the different pick up arrangement (s670 HSH) much different to my sa360 (HSS) in sound. Any comments would be very apreciated.

Happy playing to all

Alan
Bill@Ibanez
#2 Posted : 4/25/2017 8:07:05 PM
Bill@Ibanez

Groups: Moderator, Administration
Was thanked: 419 time(s) in 409 post(s)
I think you will feel a small difference at the bridge. The EDGE Zero II will definitely feel larger, but I'm not sure if it will be enough to affect your playing too much.

The HSH configuration will definitely give you a different tone in the neck humbucking position for sure. With the switching pattern, you should still be able to get most of the single coil tones though.

Hope this helps!
-Bill
alans
#3 Posted : 4/27/2017 10:06:35 AM

Groups: Member
Many thanks for the reply,I decided to go for a S770pb-cnf eventually,I now have the guitar and am very happy with it,as you said ,the neck humbucker is giving me different tones from my sa360 ,very pleased I now have two great guitars to choose from.

Alan