Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Whats on the workbench today...
Tracy Dae
#21 Posted : 4/29/2017 9:24:49 PM
Tracy Dae

Groups: Member
Woman
Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 91 post(s)
I think the reverb tank I ordered might be taking a trip around the world before it gets delivered to my door. I normally order MOD reverb tanks from Amplifiedparts.com but they were out of stock and backordered on the 8EB3C1B tank when I tried to place my order. So I found a seller on Amazon who had them in stock. That seller's price was a few dollars higher but they had them in stock and their shipping was about the same. I had no way of knowing when or if Amplified parts would get them back in stock. So here we are over a week later and it hasn't arrived yet - and the tracking number says it will be here at the end of next week... This morning I received an email from Amplifiedparts informing me that they have the 8EB3C1B MOD tanks back in stock. If only they would have answered my email when I asked for an ETA I would have waiting them to get them back in stock, ordered from them - and I would most likely receive it on Tuesday.

Rant over...

Anyways, I do have everything else I need for this project. I have a good supply of OPA2134PA op-amps for the pre-amps and just received some more LM4562NA op-amps from Mouser for the buffers. I've painted the handles on the two Switchcraft RCA plugs for the reverb tank cables, one red and one black, let them dry for a week and soldered them to the Canare GS-4 Cable. It's raining today so I can't do anything outside and I don't want to go anywhere so I am replacing the reverb tank cables, pulling the TL072 op-amps out and putting IC sockets in their places. I don't have anyone available to come over and film me doing that so maybe next time. I just put some liquid DeoxIT in the pin holes of the sockets and brushed some on the pins of the op-amps themselves. This helps to ensure a great electrical connection and prevents corrosion on the pins and the sockets. Once they are dry I can pop in the op-amps and test the amp. Then put it back together and wait for the reverb tank to arrive.

What else am I gonna do on a rainy day... Browse around online for a used Marshall Lead 100 Mosfet that needs attention?.. Haha

The mind is like a parachute...
...It only works when its open.
Rickrew
#22 Posted : 5/6/2017 3:44:52 PM
Rickrew

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
On the strength of your praise of them, I'm going to look at a 90s era Blues Cube today - hoping it's every thing and more as you describe it. I'm needing multiple‚Äč amps now for several different rehearsal spaces, and I'm not dragging that extremely heavy Blues Deluxe every time I go somewhere. The Blues Cube looks to weigh about 30 lbs - 20 lbs less than my BD, which makes it very attractive indeed. Owner is asking $225, which seems pretty reasonable.
AF75 TRS
AS73-12
Epi LP dbl cut w/p90s
Epi Nighthawk RI TA
Oscar Schmidt OM-30/Mean 90s
Ovation 1984 1612
Fender Blues Deluxe
Tracy Dae
#23 Posted : 5/6/2017 7:56:34 PM
Tracy Dae

Woman
Is the one you are looking at a BC60 from the 90's? My experience base is with those specifically - and they are wonderful - but they are not light. They have some heft to them. I put wheels on mine because of their weight. I cannot speak about the BC30's from that time frame or the new versions of the Blues Cubes. I would love to try one of the new versions though.
Rickrew
#24 Posted : 5/6/2017 10:39:05 PM
Rickrew

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Yes, it's a 90s era BC60 112, and while it's not a featherweight, it's more manageable than my Blues Deluxe.

I've spent about an hour with it now, and I'm able to get a sound that comes close to my BD. The BD is still thicker and warmer, somehow, but the BC60 has a very acceptable sound, both driven and clean.
AF75 TRS
AS73-12
Epi LP dbl cut w/p90s
Epi Nighthawk RI TA
Oscar Schmidt OM-30/Mean 90s
Ovation 1984 1612
Fender Blues Deluxe
Tracy Dae
#25 Posted : 5/10/2017 6:37:23 PM
Tracy Dae

Woman
Here are mine. I have the 60-watt 1x12 BC60 and the 90-watt 3x10 BC60. I only use the 3x10 for outdoor gigs.

[color=blue][I]I got the 3x10 used and abused. The lighter grill cloth was my first attempt at replacing grill cloth. I redid it a couple months after this pic was taken.