Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Pickup change for Ibanez rg350m
James101
#1 Posted : 6/9/2017 12:28:16 PM

Groups: Member
Hi guys, i write because i would like to change the original pickups of my guitar but only the 2 humbucker, What do you recommend?
I do not like the sound of original pickups which with bridge pickup goes to high while the neck pickup is almost totally bass.
I'm looking for something with much sustain and a little more balanced as equalizing with good sound on distorted riff metal and something powerful on the solo
Bill@Ibanez
#2 Posted : 6/9/2017 1:24:09 PM
Bill@Ibanez

Groups: Moderator, Administration
Was thanked: 411 time(s) in 401 post(s)
The neck pickup will almost always sound "warmer" than the bridge due to the way the strings sound/vibrate at that point on the guitar. That being said, you might be able to find something aftermarket that has a bit more high end response int he neck position.

I'm going to suggest the DiMarzio D-Activator Pickups. These Neck and Bridge pickups should give you a good signal to get some metal tones out of. However, I would also do some searching around on some pickup forums, like Dimarzio's or Seymour Duncan's forums. The users there might be a little more in tune with the differences in pickups to make a more specific suggestion. Otherwise, I don't think you'll go wrong with the D-Activators!

Hope this helps,
-Bill