Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

RG570 ? Serial number help ?
SC1991
#1 Posted : 6/24/2017 6:06:07 PM

Groups: Member
Im looking at purchasing an RG for a project and have found one that i think would work but im a little confused on the serial number and what model it actually is ?

The serial number is F326443. From what i've read on the ibanez wiki pages this makes it a 93 MIJ. I believe it is a RG570 the only difference is this one has V7/S1/V8 pickups, whereas according to the wiki pages the RG570 from 93 had V1/S1/V2 pickups. Anyone have an idea as to why this is ? Could it be an older 93 neck that was still around later on when they changed to the V7/V8 pickups. Or could it just be one of those things that happens when building lots of guitars.

Thanks,
Bill@Ibanez
#2 Posted : 6/27/2017 6:45:40 PM
Bill@Ibanez

Groups: Moderator, Administration
Was thanked: 421 time(s) in 411 post(s)
I would check to see if it is an RG470. These used an original EDGE bridge and the V7 pickups you mentioned:
http://www.ibanez.com/anniversa...hp?cat_id=202&now=10

That being said, the RG550's from that catalog page also use the V7 and V8 pickups, but have a pickguard and use the LoPro EDGE. Really though, the wiki pages you might find can have some outdated or incomplete information. The catalog pages will help show a more accurate representation of the lineup over the years. Especially when the RG570/550/470 have used different bridges and pickups throughout the years.

Hope this helps,
-Bill