Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

seeking information on guitar
fiftymike8
#1 Posted : 7/5/2017 6:17:18 AM

Groups: Member
I just bought a Ibanez acoustic in an on line auction. I can not find any thing about it, but it was so unique I bid on it and won. the model # is ew20bgnt120d, serial # SQ06033125. It is a travel guitar with a trapezoid body, this is not the small guitar they list now. Label is right, workmanship is A+. I think it might have been a development guitar. Anything you can share is appreciated. I'll try to figure out how to post pics later.
RIX
#2 Posted : 7/5/2017 3:58:19 PM
RIX

Man
Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 53 post(s)
Hello Mike,

From the serial number this guitar was made in March 2006. Here is a link to the catalog page; lets see if this matches your guitar:

2006 USA Catalog

I'm interested in why you're calling this a travel guitar. Here is a link on how to post pictures in this forum:

How to Post Pictures

RIX
1 user thanked RIX for this useful post.
fiftymike8 on 7/5/2017(UTC)
fiftymike8
#3 Posted : 7/5/2017 6:51:52 PM

http://i.imgur.com/q4cFKPr.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/K21B229.jpg

I've been to wikipedia, Ibanez wiki, Ibanez's website, Ebay, and a hust of other sites. First picture will explain why I called it a travel guitar.

thanks for the quick response Rix.
RIX
#4 Posted : 7/5/2017 8:55:26 PM
RIX

Man
Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 53 post(s)
Mike, I don't think this guitar was manufactured by Ibanez, but someone's dyi mod. Perhaps the guitar's body was damaged and this is how the person dealt with it or they just wanted a travel guitar. Next time you have the strings off check under the saddle and see if there is a hole for the pickup, since I believe the original model was an acoustic electric and from your pic I don't see a preamp.

Ibanez Travel Guitar

Do the sides match the top and back? And how deep are the sides?

Also the binding on the sides doesn't appear to match.

Maybe Bill can chime in on this one.
RIX
fiftymike8
#5 Posted : 7/5/2017 9:16:57 PM

the blem under the bridge is a my little pony sticker. It's my understanding that Ibanez will run a test market on a new body style, and if it is not well received, they take it off the market and destroy all records. I don't know if that's true, cause I read it off the interweb.
http://imgur.com/a/HGuaO
fiftymike8
#6 Posted : 7/7/2017 3:19:10 PM

Rix,the more I research the more I think you are on point. I won't have the guitar in hand till sometime later today to confirm it's been altered. I will post more pictures for follow up.
Now my biggest concern is going to be play ability. hopefully the person who did this knew what they were doing. at the time of the auction ( at goodwill.com., worth a visit, you wouldn't believe the guitars I've seen go thru there.), I was looking for something to strum. I've been a strummer for about 45 years, and this looked ideal. The only good thing is I'm not in it for a lot of money.
Thank you for your time and expertise, and I will follow up to end this epic.