Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

SR655PB
veritasnihil
#1 Posted : 10/25/2010 8:21:11 AM

Groups: Member
Hello everyone, had a quick question about the "Blue Moon" 5-string that Ibanez was putting out a couple of years ago.

I'm in the process of buying a used SR655PB, and I love it to death, but in my research I've been unable to find an official number of how many of these "limited edition" basses were produced. Multiple people seem to be saying that "150 total were available in the US", and some are saying that it was "150 in the US each of the two years" it was sold. I have never been able to see any of these claims backed up by actual official statements from Ibanez or Ibanez-authorized dealers, though.

Does anybody know the exact figure for the number of these basses that were produced, both for the US market as well as abroad?
Tom@Ibanez
#2 Posted : 10/26/2010 12:27:49 PM
Tom@Ibanez

Medals: Medal of Awesomeness: Awarded to the most righteous dude on the planet.

Groups: Administration
Man
Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Archie McLeod III
#3 Posted : 9/2/2017 11:03:51 PM
Archie McLeod III

Man
Dance Greetings.

I'm not so much a new member to the forums nor Ibanez but I am a long time user of Ibanez products. I own a Ibanez AX 220 guitar, an Andy Timmons AT10P and have recently purchased a Soundgear SR655 Blue Moon which is absolutely "to die for" Happy My question is (Since I'm finding it rather difficult to find any info on this ilusive beast):

1. Is the "Blue Moon" just an upscale version of the SR505? (Aside from the mid-select switch, it seems pretty much identical)

2. Is the SR 805 the more recent incarnation of the "Blue Moon" bass?

I think this is a fabulous "go to" bass for most of my playing. Absolutely gorgeous finish and I really dig all of the Bartollini electronics (although the Nordstrand stuff is kinda' hot.)

Glad to have found my way back to the forum and will enjoy more fact finding and sharing here Cool
Bill@Ibanez
#4 Posted : 9/6/2017 2:12:46 PM
Bill@Ibanez

Groups: Moderator, Administration
Was thanked: 411 time(s) in 401 post(s)
This was an older bass that was basically a glorified SR505 from that time. Back when the SR655PB (Blue Moon) was made, the SR505 had the same exact electronics and the same type of hardware as well. This is the same difference as the SR805 and SR505 today. The electronics and hardware are the same, but the SR805 has a better finish and some other cosmetic details that are different.

Hope this helps
-Bill
Archie McLeod III
#5 Posted : 9/7/2017 2:46:07 AM
Archie McLeod III

Man
Originally Posted by: Bill@Ibanez Go to Quoted Post
This was an older bass that was basically a glorified SR505 from that time. Back when the SR655PB (Blue Moon) was made, the SR505 had the same exact electronics and the same type of hardware as well. This is the same difference as the SR805 and SR505 today. The electronics and hardware are the same, but the SR805 has a better finish and some other cosmetic details that are different.

Hope this helps
-Bill

Thanks Bill Cool That helped a lot. This one was manufactured in 07. Pretty much like many of the other big guitar manufacturers (Fender comes to mind) Out sourcing to several different factories and Model designations that pretty much as you said denote fit and finish items in the Standard range. I find it to be a very good quality bass of a "505" derivative. I've got Fenders, Musicman, a Pedulla and even a Dean Hollywood Z. I'm finding more enjoyment and comfort playing the Ibanez than the others. I'm hooked Happy