Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New RGD 3127 - Expected Delivery Timeframe?
webmaestro
#1 Posted : 9/12/2017 5:56:36 PM
webmaestro

Groups: Member
Man
A couple months ago, I pre-ordered one of the new RGD 3127's. The seller let me know that it should be here to the U.S. sometime in September, barring any additional delays related to CITES. Considering my RGD doesn't use any rosewood, I can assume that means they're all essentially "on the same boat"... regardless of what woods are used.

Anyone have info about when these "delayed" guitars might finally get to the U.S.? Is it still anticipated to be sometime this month, or should I mentally prepare myself for further delays?
THE GUITAR ANSWER GUY

Teaching guitarists how to do their own basic guitar care/maintenance.
Bill@Ibanez
#2 Posted : 9/14/2017 8:43:53 PM
Bill@Ibanez

Groups: Moderator, Administration
Was thanked: 411 time(s) in 401 post(s)
For your specific order, there may be a couple things to consider. You are right about the CITES affecting the shipments as a whole, regardless of that specific guitar's rosewood content. This is also something many didn't expect in regards to TS9 Tube Screamer pedals also getting held up by CITES containing no wood at all!!

Earlier this year, the delays were severe! But since they've gotten it running smoother, the hold up doesn't usually last longer than 1-3 weeks. That is if it gets held up at all.

The other thing to consider is backorder fulfillment in general. They will be shipped in the order we received the orders. If they ordered earlier, they'll get it earlier. Just because more are arriving in September, doesn't necessarily mean all backorders will be filled in September.

Hopefully your dealer can talk to their contact to find out a more accurate ETA. That would be the best way to try and get a more accurate landing date.

-Bill