Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Volume on RG1070 Premium
livan75
#1 Posted : 9/20/2017 6:54:46 AM

Groups: Member
Hi,

I have a question about the volume knob on an RG1070. The volume comes on kind of sudden, you can't ease it in it sounds more like a switch than a knob. It doesn't feel linear, it starts at quite high level, doesn't happen that much in the middle and then it gets sensitive close to max...

I know from watching reviews of other guitars on youtube that its possible that its just how it is... dont know how its supposed to be on mine. I watched a demo with Feodor Dosumov on youtube prior to buying my RG and in a section he eases in the notes where you cant hear when he picks the string... sounds linear to me... no sudden jump into it...

Watching the clip again makes me question if maybe there is something wrong with mine. Is it just how it is or should it be smooth transition from silent to playing?
Bill@Ibanez
#2 Posted : 9/20/2017 1:58:00 PM
Bill@Ibanez

Groups: Moderator, Administration
Was thanked: 421 time(s) in 411 post(s)
It could be the wrong type of pot. If it has the wrong "curve" it could act a little more sudden like you are mentioning. Or it could also be the pot itself is just defective. Only way to know for sure would be replacing it with a new one to hopefully fix the problem.
livan75
#3 Posted : 9/29/2017 4:45:57 AM

Groups: Member
Originally Posted by: Bill@Ibanez Go to Quoted Post
It could be the wrong type of pot. If it has the wrong "curve" it could act a little more sudden like you are mentioning. Or it could also be the pot itself is just defective. Only way to know for sure would be replacing it with a new one to hopefully fix the problem.

Ok, so its not supposed to act in that way (kind of figured that)... thanks for the reply...

Then I'll swing by the the place I bought it and they'll get to sort it out before the warranty expires.