Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

AF71F PICKGUARD - DUMB QUESTION
raslo
#1 Posted : 10/28/2017 12:11:11 PM

Groups: Member
Indeed I have a dumb question - what is the sequence for reassembling the pickguard and controls for the AF71F? I took off the brown pickguard to use as a template to make a black guard (my guitar is the black model) and I didn't pay attention to the way it was fixed. Now as I try to put things back nothing seems natural. The pots, if 'outside' of the guitar (between the pickguard and the guitar body) they push the guard too far away from the guitar; if I try to locate the pots inside the f-hole (just the control stem sticking out) it seems even stranger. And I have 3 star washers per pot and two flat washers, though the flat washers are of different sizes. Can any help with a bit of info please? And yes I know - no excuse for just taking things apart without paying attention. I was over-confident that a pickguard was within my capability. I shall stand in the corner until someone gives me an answer....
Bill@Ibanez
#2 Posted : 10/31/2017 5:23:31 PM
Bill@Ibanez

Groups: Moderator, Administration
Was thanked: 420 time(s) in 410 post(s)
I'm not quite sure of what you are asking. This image of the factory pickguard show how it should be put back together. Hopefully this helps!