Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Blue dot on Nitro Wizard neck - unsure as to what it is, need help
Biensby
#1 Posted : 11/29/2017 10:13:20 AM

Groups: Member
Hello,

I spotted a blue dot on the maple side of my Nitro Wizard neck. It can't be erased by scratching or just rubbing your finger against it, but the wood is undamaged - there is no sign of mould or other manual damage. It looks a lot like a ball pen marking, but there's no such pen around me that could've come into contact with the neck to leave a mark like this.

[img=https://ibb.co/g9Dgzb]Dot on Nitro Wizard neck[/img]

Now I don't live in a very humid area, on the contrary. I keep my guitar permanently in its case with dehumidifier packets in it and this particular one has never been played outside my room. Has anyone got any idea as to what this might be? Should I be worried?
Biensby attached the following image(s):
Biensby attached the following image(s): kropka1.jpg
Bill@Ibanez
#2 Posted : 12/1/2017 5:49:37 PM
Bill@Ibanez

Groups: Moderator, Administration
Was thanked: 421 time(s) in 411 post(s)
That is a bit odd!

Not sure what could cause that, but you could try to clean it with a rag and some guitar cleaner. You could try to use a very small amount of furniture polish, but depending on what that actually is, I'm not sure if it would help. As a last resort, you could try to use something like a "Magic Eraser", but I would caution against this as it is an abrasive. Using the Magic eraser may help it, but it would be basically scraping off the outer layer of finish.