Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Paul Gibert Mikro
CCRyder69
#1 Posted : 12/2/2017 7:31:24 PM

Groups: Member
Man
Just received one of these little guys as a gift. It played alright but did some adjustments and got it playing more suitable for me at the moment. I want to replace tuners asap as I am having a difficult time keeping it completely in tune although I just added some 10's and that has helped tuning stability. Would like to put a new nut in as well and put a a super distortion in the bridge. Gonna need a new jack too. I know, I know, I will be putting more into this guitar than it is worth but I really like the neck and obviously the weight and scale size. I guess Im just looking for your guys thoughts and feelings on these little guys. Recommendations for upgrades as well are very welcomed.
Tracy Dae
#2 Posted : 12/4/2017 5:46:25 PM
Tracy Dae

Woman
Was thanked: 114 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Tuning stability problems are almost always at the nut not the machine heads themselves. That is were your priority should be. Replace the plastic nut with something better such as a TusQ XL nut and that will very likely resolve your tuning stability issue.

If you like the guitar it doesn't really matter what extra you put into it - as long as you realize you won't get your investment back if you sell it. I just looked up what pickups come in it and I would probably replace those myself if I had one of these. I would go with something less expensive that also sounds good though. I am rather fond of those Golden Age pickups Stewmac sells. They sound rather good to me. I've installed them on several guitars for friends and bandmates as well as a couple of my own guitars.

One of the great things about these short scale guitars is you can use thicker gauge strings and they will intonate better. This model comes with 10's installed from the factory. I would try 11's on it and I bet the intonation will be better.

The mind is like a parachute...
...It only works when its open.
jonyrotten
#3 Posted : 12/4/2017 6:06:28 PM
jonyrotten

Man
Originally Posted by: CCRyder69 Go to Quoted Post
I know, I will be putting more into this guitar than it is worth

Originally Posted by: Tracy Dae Go to Quoted Post
If you like the guitar it doesn't really matter what extra you put into it

this.

i've got three Washburns and the total price i paid was like $400 for the lot of them. and i must say, they are some of my very favorite machines. the player makes the instrument, not the other way around.

i know, just running my mouth, but seriously