Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

23 Pages«<20212223>
Member Introduction Thread
#123 Posted : 12/17/2013 6:49:16 PM
Groups:
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Message was deleted by a Moderator.
alienux
#125 Posted : 1/9/2014 2:56:09 AM
alienux

Groups: Member
Man
My name is Brian. I've been playing guitar for about 25 years, but just bought my first Ibanez. It's a S570dxqm in bright blue burst and I love it. My other electric is a Charvel Jackson Model 2, which I've had since 1988, and still use it to gig with. However, I really enjoyed gigging with the Ibanez this past weekend and I'm growing to love it more and more every time I play it.

tigercraft
#126 Posted : 2/6/2014 6:03:44 PM

Hey, I'm Dan,

First, I must say I was very happy to find this forum! Clap

I started playing guitar again after being slowly convinced I needed to quit in
order to become a successful graphic designer. -which is bunk...

I have an RG3700 and like it very much. It's a basswood body, which I'm feeling
is still a great wood to use, especially for a less expensive guitar. I'm playing
thru a Peavy Vyper II 40w. After adjusting the settings I found a good crunchy
setting but really I need a pedal for this thing. I'd much rather have something
like a 40 or 60w Blackstar, but I have to really get back up to speed before I
spend that much cash. It would be a big problem if after a year of playing I
still wasn't any good and had spent a lotta cash, but the RG I have doesn't seem
low budget when I play, although I know the pups aren't any good.

I find myself really only wanting to play mostly thrash metal, EVEN though I have
a hardcore past of 20+ years active. i.e. Agnostic Front, Abomination, etc. I do
still like to play hardcore, it's great exercise for building stamina too, but when
your local scene isn't around anymore...

Overall, I really want to learn to play the instrument this time as last time I got
good enough to play guitar I got into hardcore and my learning curve stopped.
UTBluesMan
#127 Posted : 2/7/2014 7:55:00 PM

Hey, Dave here, living in Utah. I've only really been playing for 6 months or so and off and on for a decade. I'm working on rock and blues, and listen to about everything.
renton481
#128 Posted : 2/8/2014 4:09:05 AM

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I guess I will introduce myself here. My name is Chris, I live in the Western US.

I have an Ibanez Gio GRX40. It's a 2000 model, in magenta crush color. It has the stock Powersound pickups, which I actually like -- the single coils have a good, bright sound with plenty of definition to them. The humbucker has an 80's-ish Super Distortion like sound that took a bit for me to get used to, as I am probably more used to a PAF-like blues rock tone. The humbucker mixes well with the single coils -- I have it backed away from the strings a bit, gives it more definition.....

I often play the GRX40 through a Boss PH-2 and Boss DS-1 and can get close to a Robin Trower tone with it.

About the only thing about my Gio I may change out is the tuners. The stock ones are adequate -- they hold tune well. I keep them oiled and that helps. But I may eventually replace them with Gotohs.
TitaniumRx
#129 Posted : 4/24/2014 11:29:40 PM

Hello guys.My name is Vagelis and i am a bassist.Just entered the Ibanez community by buying yesterday my first Ibanez bass, a SR705 TK.Fantastic instrument.I also bought a GRG270B to start playing guitar.Love her!!!!

See ya in the forums
Marc_FS
#130 Posted : 5/24/2014 8:57:42 PM

Happy

Hi, new to this forum, almost new to electric guitars also... I always played spanish guitar, except a few times I borrowed a 'caster from a friend... never owned one.

I'm planning to buy a JS series... and hoping to find knowledge, expertise and some advice here Happy
#131 Posted : 7/2/2014 9:41:24 AM
Groups:
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Message was deleted by a Moderator.
SarasotaSwing
#132 Posted : 8/12/2014 10:01:26 PM

Hey guys and girls, new member here. I've been playing for 40+ years and own mostly PRS's with wide-thin necks. Just picked up a dead mint 2008 AS103NT for a song ($450 shipped with case) on Ebay and I could not be more pleased by the build, playability, and tone. I did a ton of research on 335 type guitars,and tried a bunch of them, including Epiphones and real Gibsons. Played an AS73 to make sure a similar Ibanez neck was to my liking,was extremely impressed overall, and pulled the trigger on Ebay. These are beautiful, high quality, killer guitars, and unless something changes radically, I see no upgrades necessary except maybe some locking tuners, which I'm partial to.
Bill@Ibanez
#133 Posted : 8/13/2014 12:44:45 PM
Bill@Ibanez

Groups: Moderator, Administration
Was thanked: 411 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SarasotaSwing Go to Quoted Post
Hey guys and girls, new member here. I've been playing for 40+ years and own mostly PRS's with wide-thin necks. Just picked up a dead mint 2008 AS103NT for a song ($450 shipped with case) on Ebay and I could not be more pleased by the build, playability, and tone. I did a ton of research on 335 type guitars,and tried a bunch of them, including Epiphones and real Gibsons. Played an AS73 to make sure a similar Ibanez neck was to my liking,was extremely impressed overall, and pulled the trigger on Ebay. These are beautiful, high quality, killer guitars, and unless something changes radically, I see no upgrades necessary except maybe some locking tuners, which I'm partial to.

Welcome!

Also, great find. Those Artcore custom models were great! Biggest upgrade that many people do is change out the pickups, but the Super 58 Customs in that model are pretty good.

I would get some pics and post them to the Artcore section when you get the chance!
-Bill
wulfenganck
#134 Posted : 9/30/2014 7:40:32 PM

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi everybody,

came across this forum by chance....well, her we go:
My name is Wolfgang, I'm from Seligenstadt, a small town near Frankfurt, Germany.
I'm playing guitar for nearly 35 years now. All sorts off different stuff...lately it's more Ragtime, Blues, R'n'B, Swing, Rockabilly, R'n'R from the 20ies to the present....here's our youtube channel, please check it out: Weepin' Willow

My connection with Ibanez? Well:
my first ever pedal was an Ibanez STL Super Tube Screamer - still have it on my back-up kit, nice and tasty little overdrive.
My second ever electric guitar was an Axstar by Ibanez AX 60, a red Telecaster-copy. Of course I still have that one as well (I guess I'm a hoarder when it comes to guitars....), but I sort of lost interest in solidbodies.

My main guitar now is an Artcore AF75 in transparent blue.
Lovely guitar, but I am going to have some changes made: an Artec P90 in Humbucker-size in neck position for a more Rockabilly-style and I will change the electrics to one mastervolume and one mastertone and switch the positions of toggle-switch and volume-knob, as I find the present positions uncomfortable.

I'm playing over a Hughes & Kettner Editon Tube 25th Anniversary plus a Blackstar 1x12" cabinet; my pedal board mainly consists of a Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor, T-Rex Gull Wah, Reussenzehn Tube Booster, TC Electronics Nova Delay and a Strymon the Flint.

Looking forward to interesting conversations!

Cheers for now!
Robinson Crusoe
#135 Posted : 11/26/2014 7:59:38 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm Erman from Turkey.

I have an RX series guitar so i don't even know which forum i belong to :) I also have the Marshall VS15R amplifier, from what i read on the internet it's highly praised for a beginner.

My father bought me this guitar about 15 years ago. I remember choosing it at the store because it was looking cool, for a teenager like me :D If it was today i guess i would choose a more plain one :)

I never played a guitar before. As it was sitting in it's hardcase wanted to give a try and went to the store to replace the strings. As my friends suggested bought #9 Elixir strings.

From my experiences best way to start a new hobby is to register to a good forum. So i found here :) I may ask dumb questions as a beginner, hope you won't get annoyed by it. Now i'm trying to figure out where to start :)

Any advise and help will be appreciated :)
CPL
#136 Posted : 12/2/2014 3:23:02 AM
CPL

Man
Hello,

I'm Paul and have been playing bass and some guitar for over 26 years. I just picked up a couple of AEGB20E basses, so I decided to join the forum. I also have an old GT series bass from '93 or '94 (whatever that one year was that they made them) and I use to have a TR50 bass that was yellow (a finish that never seemed to be mention in any of the catalog archives that I could find) that I lost to the ravages of time. That's it for the Ibanez connection, so far. I do have my eyes on a hollow body bass, though. Especially, that AFB200. It would sound rather with some flatwounds through my Orange Terrorbass 1000 and 18" speaker cab. Yeah, I'm a bit old school, well sans a 1000 watt bass head :P
ajbsmirnoff
#137 Posted : 1/3/2015 12:40:38 AM

Hello,

My name is Anthony and I'm an Ibanez-a-holic.
I've been playing a while (no noticeable signs of improvement) and do like an Ibanez guitar. I've got a few (acoustics, an Artcore hollw body, some RGs and an S. None of them are particularly expensive guitars - i'd like to have one of each style, most have been modded or upgraded with new pups, and all of them are alot of guitar for the money.
I mainly play classic rock, hair metal / Van Halen, and jazz noodles for fun.

anthony
SNick
#138 Posted : 1/3/2015 9:19:55 PM
SNick

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ajbsmirnoff Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

My name is Anthony and I'm an Ibanez-a-holic.
I've been playing a while (no noticeable signs of improvement) and do like an Ibanez guitar. I've got a few (acoustics, an Artcore hollw body, some RGs and an S. None of them are particularly expensive guitars - i'd like to have one of each style, most have been modded or upgraded with new pups, and all of them are alot of guitar for the money.
I mainly play classic rock, hair metal / Van Halen, and jazz noodles for fun.

anthony

Hello Mr. A-Holic Doh Welcome to the forum. Maybe everyone is out of town so you got me as the local greater this time. Nice guitar. I have an AG95 Electric hollow-body, all the rest of my stuff is Strats. Rock, Blues, more Rock some 40's and 50's that's about it.
RJ
#139 Posted : 2/6/2015 4:09:15 PM

Hi all! Rob here from south coast of the UK, i'm 32 & i love thrash, old & new (been listening to Toxic holocaust & Sodom alot todayDance) I love RG's but have owned a few others over the years, my favorites being a '94 RG450 & an SZ520 (unfortunately had to sell the SZ a few years back) i'm certainly not a connoisseur of finely made toys, i just enjoy hunting for mid-priced bargains i can tinker with to my own tastes. and a few knocks & dents? all just adds character to me Drool
iteched
#140 Posted : 3/12/2015 1:07:24 AM

Man
Hi Everyone,

I just picked up an AM93 in Black Burst that I absolutely love - very nice sounding guitar (playing through a Peavey "Delta Blues 115" tube amp).

I have several other guitars but this is my first "semi-hollow" although it is small for a SH.

My wife is learning bass and has the AGB205 5 string.

They both look especially nice sitting next to each other (both have very similar gold hardware / same knobs / etc.)

My first Ibanez was a very basic "Roadstar II" back in the 80's. It only had one bridge HB pickup. I always liked it but sold it to a friend years ago.

I really like the sound of the AM93 with the Super 58's. It adds another range of tone to my guitar collection.

I got it for $399 on sale at the local music store - a fantastic guitar for the money.

cheers!

Ed
Red Sand
#141 Posted : 3/17/2015 4:35:11 PM
Red Sand

Hello,

I just purchased my first Ibanez guitar yesterday, an Ibanez STM2 Sam Totman Signature, sapphire blue

I got a good deal on it - it's new from the local music store but photos and description show a small ding near the lower shoulder strap button

I will pick it up tomorrow morning and begin shredding ;)

I have owned and played many other guitars but this will be my first Ibanez and I'm very anxious to get it

I'm not a very good guitarist however, I do enjoy playing and practicing very much

Thanks,

RS
:)

Friends and family have let me down but my guitar has never stopped loving me
JoaoPazGuitar
#142 Posted : 5/8/2015 10:28:23 AM
JoaoPazGuitar

Man
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi guys, new member here too!

In the 90s I saw a friend of mine playing an Ibanez jazz box and have been wanting one ever since... however I ended up buying a lot of guitars but never an Ibanez!
Suddenly, since the past couple of years I bought a few and, as expected, they instantly became my favorite guitars Cool

So here's the list of my precious ones:

Ibanez AR325
Ibanez Artstar AS153
Ibanez Artcore Expressionist AFJ95
Ibanez Rocket-Roll (the flying-v from the 70s!)
Ibanez Artwood Vintage AVN1

Hope to have fun and learn a lot with you guys around here - thanks for reading!
Joao
1972-1976 Ibanez Rocket-Roll
2008-2009 Ibanez SAS32EX
2013 Ibanez AR325
2013 Ibanez AFJ95
2014 Ibanez AS153
2014 Ibanez AVN1
nagha
#143 Posted : 10/19/2015 3:38:48 PM

Greetings,

New to the forum (and Ibanez). Playing for about 4 years but seriously for 3 years. I'm primarily a Les Paul guy but I've always loved the Destroyer. Briefly dated an Ibanez S420 but we never got along (thin tone and didn't like the Z trem). My Destroyer arrives today and I'm planning on upgrading it to be a tribute to the DT-555. I'll stick with 2 PUPs and will add a Floyd Rose FRX.

Cheers,
N