Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Warranty submission
Boz-G
#1 Posted : 12/19/2011 9:36:11 PM

Groups: Member
Man
I live in Canada and I purchased a new bass. I would like to register my guitar but the link on the official Ibanez site leads to "efkaymusic.com". That site has no clickable links to a form or even an email address. I cannot send an email to the mothership either because the web site automatically detects my IP address and sends me to the page intended for "out-of-country" purchases.

Added to this ... last week I purchased a new (still in shrinkwrap) SR-1005 EFM Prestige and I found out that the model is four years old!!?? I was informed by the retailer that a full warranty will be honored. I have no way of determining that this is correct because I cannot get in touch with anyone at Ibanez.

From my standpoint Ibanez has very poor customer service.
Matthew@ibanez
#2 Posted : 12/20/2011 3:49:06 PM
Matthew@ibanez

Groups: Moderator
Man
Was thanked: 67 time(s) in 67 post(s)
Being in canada your distributor is Efkay Music.

Ibanez.com is for Hoshino USA (thats us) we deal with the United States only.

here is the info for Efkay...they are who your warranty is with.

Efkay Music
2165 46th Ave., Lachine, Quebec, H8T 2P1
Tel.514 633 8877
Fax.514 633 8872

as far as how to obtain warranty service should you need it...you mostly need to keep a copy of your reciept to prove purchase date and that the instrument is not used.

Warranty guidlines are pretty simple...the warranty starts from the date of purchase...even if the bass was made 4 years ago...as long as it is new, you are covered.

each territory has it's own distributor...Efkay is who distributes Ibanez to Canada.

this forum is operated by Hoshino USA.

if you have more questions about your specific warranty...you will need to be in contact with Efkay Music.