Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Seems the Artcore line has gotten some attention!!
CareyCorson
#1 Posted : 1/19/2012 7:24:46 PM

Groups: Member
Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Wow, talk about an embarrassment of riches. Look at all the new Artcore models:

a Transparent Red Sunburst AM, a new Artcore Custom model, a new line of "Jazz" boxes (the AFJ line) a violin sunburst AS, and. . . well, just look for yourself:

http://www.ibanez.com/new?productLine=hollow

Tracy, what do you think about that AM TRS?
fingerboard blues
#2 Posted : 1/19/2012 8:41:02 PM

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CareyCorson Go to Quoted Post
Wow, talk about an embarrassment of riches. Look at all the new Artcore models:

a Transparent Red Sunburst AM, a new Artcore Custom model, a new line of "Jazz" boxes (the AFJ line) a violin sunburst AS, and. . . well, just look for yourself:

http://www.ibanez.com/new?productLine=hollow

Tracy, what do you think about that AM TRS?

Think "some" being the key word. A rather boring offering. All of their buzz words,"benchmark, jazz purists, flagship" to describe the reissued 105, and afj are laughable when just over the northern border,a real flagship, benchmark and jazz purists guitar, the ss series is available. PATHETIC!

the minor victory here is the am93trs and I will borderline include the afj85t because it fills a need in their lineup, but i would hardly call it a benchmark.

But all this other crap will never sell well and will go away like the AMF and others that are forgotten about. a complete waste of investment money in my opinion. Somewhere there is a clown at hosh usa who sells or buys into this shit with his peers and offers it to us, while bs'ing hosh gakki. The AR line has great classic offerings that would sell well now, but oh well. They have offerred so many differnent models I really believe that they dont know what is good sellers. So much for the surveys and the promises that the president said we would here back from and never heard back from!!! They dont get it! Sad, because they are on to something, they just need to take there head out of their buts and see what they could have.

That is... a complete line of ther artcores offerred in the custom series, the ss series, and keeping around what is popular, i.e. many of the AR models that seem to go away to fast.
jazzguyfromnc
#3 Posted : 1/20/2012 3:20:12 AM
jazzguyfromnc

Man
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I'd love to try a new afj model, but the AM93 is on my must-have list...
Tracy Dae
#4 Posted : 1/20/2012 6:41:10 AM
Tracy Dae

Woman
Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 53 post(s)
What can I say? I am so delighted with what HUSA has done with the Artcore line for 2012. HUSA has responded to requests that have been pretty frequent throughout the life of this forum. I lost count of how many times players have requested a choice of colors for the AS93. I also remember many players asking for a full AF body guitar with a vibrato. Though the AS and AF guitars are not for me, I am so happy for all those who really wanted this to happen.

I am sure many long time forum members know that Transparent Red Sunburst is my absolute favorite guitar color. I have said so more than a few times over the years. It’s a sentimental thing because the first real guitar I had as a child was Transparent Red Sunburst. That finish looks absolutely stunning on an AM93. My birthday is coming up soon. This is what I want for my birthday. Deluxe model AM guitars are just amazing.

I think HUSA did exceptionally well this year and I hope they sell a lot of guitars.

The mind is like a parachute...
...It only works when its open.
rraguse
#5 Posted : 1/20/2012 2:11:40 PM
rraguse

Man
Originally Posted by: Tracy Dae Go to Quoted Post
What can I say? I am so delighted with what HUSA has done with the Artcore line for 2012. HUSA has responded to requests that have been pretty frequent throughout the life of this forum. I lost count of how many times players have requested a choice of colors for the AS93. I also remember many players asking for a full AF body guitar with a vibrato. Though the AS and AF guitars are not for me, I am so happy for all those who really wanted this to happen.

I am sure many long time forum members know that Transparent Red Sunburst is my absolute favorite guitar color. I have said so more than a few times over the years. It’s a sentimental thing because the first real guitar I had as a child was Transparent Red Sunburst. That finish looks absolutely stunning on an AM93. My birthday is coming up soon. This is what I want for my birthday. Deluxe model AM guitars are just amazing.

I think HUSA did exceptionally well this year and I hope they sell a lot of guitars.

Tracy I agree with you. This years Artcore offerings are a hard fought victory especially the AM. You in particular have led the charge with a few of us fellow AM fans have requested Deluxe and Custom AM models with color choices and now we have them.

I really like the AM93AYS but I really like the AM93TRD. I have two brown burst guitars and I too have wanted a Red burst guitar. My first real guitar was a Red burst VOX Super Lynx with P90's but it belonged to my roommate and he wanted it back after I got it out of the pawn shop. So like you I have wanted a Red burst Semi and now they are soon to become available I want one for...my Daughter's birthday, mine not until November:-)

AM93TBR

I'm a three AM'er with an AS93 and Rock my Blues with "LapiStone"
Artcore
#6 Posted : 1/20/2012 2:56:27 PM
Artcore

Man
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I love the new Ibanez Artcore AFJ81...... is that a solid spruce top?

$549 at Guitar Center!!

Ibanez Artcore AFJ81
Tracy Dae
#7 Posted : 1/20/2012 4:17:40 PM
Tracy Dae

Woman
Originally Posted by: Artcore Go to Quoted Post
I love the new Ibanez Artcore AFJ81...... is that a solid spruce top?

I would not expect it to have a solid top. I like it too by the way. It's just too big for me.

BTW, that pic of the AM93TRS just isn't big enough. So...

fingerboard blues
#8 Posted : 1/20/2012 5:28:12 PM

I feel that i am being singled out here as wrong, so let me clarify a few things.

it is my opinion, as each of you have yours.

Yes Tracey led a charge, and for a few years was disgruntled then as I am now. So dont make me look like a bad guy here.

I agree with the AM93 AYS and TRS I have both, latter on order. But this is not all of which we in the past have asked for. NO AM 103 custom, that many of us have asked for. we asked for bread and got very nice crumbs. Hence, my posistion of not an exceptional offering.

As far as color offerings! AS 93VLS and AF105VB were offerred a few moons ago. They took them away for no apparent reason. They give them back and you are calling them new color options. They just gave you back what they did not need to take away. Not what I would call exceptional work, just fixing a mistake.

I said above the AFJ vibrato fills a need, again not exceptional, just an instrument that is needed and wanted. Again not exceptional just filling a need. Something they should do as an instrument manufacturer.

I dont recall anywhere a response to the survey, and do recall Matt or Tom said recently that they did not know when or if an answer was coming for the surveys. Uhmm. so no answer yet.Again not exceptional

Much talk was about a custom AM on the survey and this forum and... we dont have one.

The survey even included photos , not once but twice of the SS solid top series and if we wanted it available along with a host of other AS models. Many responded with a overwhelming yes to these models. None of which are now available!!!

The AFJ 81 is a cheap knockoff of the SS. And this folks is what irks me and is driving my rant here. Only the Japanese are good enough for the SS series and I am insulted by the AFJ81 offering. It is a fine guitar for whoever wants it, and i am not being disrespectful of that model. I am just saying, really, we ask for the ss and you only, only give us this. Again not exceptional, just disrespectful in my opinion.

Tracey, I like chatting with yoou on this forum, but I think you singled me out as wrong. My feeleings echo many of yours from years past and many posts back. Not to have an open mind and appreciate that I and many others feel slighted, is politely saying, wrong on your part. This offering maybe a step in the right direction as you said just last year yourself, but this is far from exceptional. Now, in all my hypocrisy, I will go play my AM93 AYS, await my TRS and order my Eastman Pagelli, guilt free!!!Thank you for reading, I have no hard feelings, just needed to express my opinion and use my affordable and quality useful Ibanez's where appropriaite and not my expensive guitars and not expect great things from Ibanez. Happy Peace Out!
Tracy Dae
#9 Posted : 1/20/2012 6:34:56 PM
Tracy Dae

Woman
I didn't single you out. That certainly was not my intention anyways. My intention was solely to give kudos I felt were deserved. This years Artcore line up is the best HUSA has ever done to meet the wants, needs and desires of Artcore players. I honestly feel HUSA did well. We now have the option to choose that we have been asking for. Not just between models but with options within the models. I know many people at HUSA put a lot of effort into making that happen. HUSA deserves kudos.

Artcore
#10 Posted : 1/20/2012 6:40:10 PM
Artcore

Man
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The new AFJ85 series is very similar to the AK95. They come in different colors, and the AK has a pointier horn...... but they've got the same pickups, same electronics, same "laminated" spruce top, same bridge, same scale length..... etc.

Why?

On the other hand, the single pickup AFJ81 is the only offering for jazzers looking for a neck pickup only jazz box. Unless you can spring for the expensive Pat Metheny PM35.

AFJ81

rraguse
#14 Posted : 1/20/2012 6:52:43 PM
rraguse

Man
fingerboard blues wrote:
Yes Tracey led a charge, and for a few years was disgruntled then as I am now. So dont make me look like a bad guy here.

I agree with the AM93 AYS and TRS I have both, latter on order. But this is not all of which we in the past have asked for. NO AM 103 custom, that many of us have asked for. we asked for bread and got very nice crumbs. Hence, my posistion of not an exceptional offering.

I certainly had no intentions of singling you out. Conflicts are won one battle at a time. We clearly have made some progress by having a few of our requests fulfilled. I DO hope that everyone gets what they want. I'm thinking if sales volume meets or surpasses sales projections perhaps a few more color choices, options and models will become available. None of us understand their marketing strategy.
I'm a three AM'er with an AS93 and Rock my Blues with "LapiStone"
fingerboard blues
#15 Posted : 1/20/2012 10:38:04 PM

I can accept that we can agree to disagree.

Survey + asking if we want SS series+ positive response to survey(make available or explain the teasing)= poor performance,marketing and public relations.Liar

End of the day no Custom AM, any AR's, and no SS models. SS models are a flagship, benchmark and jazz purists guitar that Ibanez has the potential to be proud of, but we will never get the chance. Using buzzwords like flagship, benchmark and jazz purists to describe lesser offerings to the SS is marketing hype that I have to laugh at, or otherwise assume my intelligence has been insulted.
Mike Busam
#16 Posted : 1/21/2012 3:29:00 AM

Greetings... The new AM93s are indeed nice instruments. The AFJ headstock logo is well done--at least beats the lightening bolt thingy on my 2007 AK95. Were I starting out on a guitar hunt, I would probably be on the lookout for the single pickup AFJ. I rarely use the bridge pickup on my AK95 as it is, and I'm not a big fan of Florentine cutaways.

One thing I'm curious about, though, is the availability of solid wood Artcores. I'm a little behind, perhaps, but I thought that last fall some forum members had found US distributors and had purchased, via US channels, a couple of the solid wood Artcores. Am I mistaken about that? In any case, I would like to try some of the new offerings. Until, then I can only comment on the aesthetics, which seem to me to be an improvement. I'm still enjoying my 2007 honey sunburst (aka "fiery orange") model, though--and hopefully will like it even more after I get it a proper setup this week--and I'm not in a position to get another instrument.

As always, I enjoy reading the different opinions--pro and con--on this forum. Good stuff. Thanks!

Take care,
---Mike
Gaolee
#11 Posted : 1/21/2012 4:36:30 AM

The new AFJ85 series is very similar to the AK95. They come in different colors, and the AK has a pointier horn...... but they've got the same pickups, same electronics, same "laminated" spruce top, same bridge, same scale length..... etc.

Why?

On the other hand, the single pickup AFJ81 is the only offering for jazzers looking for a neck pickup only jazz box. Unless you can spring for the expensive Pat Metheny PM35.

AFJ81

This is one I really like and am happy to see. If it has a decent unplugged voice, it might be the next guitar built in a factory which I spend money on.
Schadenfreudian
#12 Posted : 1/27/2012 8:52:43 PM

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gaolee Go to Quoted Post

Why?

AFJ81

This is one I really like and am happy to see. If it has a decent unplugged voice, it might be the next guitar built in a factory which I spend money on.

Gaolee...I swear...that photo made my "privates" tingle a little. I want two of those: one in THAT color; the other in Tracy's fave (and mine) red sunburst!

Thanks to Ibanez for loosening up; now, stretch the envelope by entertaining introducing an AM-103 custom and widening the color spectrum for Artcores. I'll wrestle y'all for it: Ibanez put up your best jazz guitarist on the SS model, and USA/UK puts up their best jazzers on the most basic model--AF75. May the most-loved artists get the guitars they want!

Hey, when I dream, I dream.
Vladimir
#13 Posted : 2/3/2012 5:30:02 PM
Vladimir

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Why?

I just wish they made it with a better pickup, like the Super58 and had it setup for 12's. I mean, I can put my own flatwounds on it. That ACH1 does not stay clean enough when you roll the tone off.

"Practice cures most tone issues."

- John Suhr
Richard-H
#17 Posted : 2/5/2012 2:49:03 AM

All advanced corporations are run by business people and accountants that couldn't give a hoot as to whether they were selling guitars, brazzeires or whatever. They make their decisions according to equations they were taught in business schools. These usually don't work in the real world. Eventually they cover their incompetence by constantly lowering product quality and by slowly but surely liquidating the companies they run. This goes on everywhere.

Take a simple example: Ibanez was doing very well with the AF105. It's a really popular guitar. The natural finish was absolutely gorgeous. Now they've changed it to a ho-hum, nothing extrodinary tabacco burst. Why? Because tabacco burst is cheaper to produce. They save in short term production costs, but they'll be hurting in sales volume. Not a bright decision.

They, like many other big corporations, need to put people that actually care about the products in charge. Not just take surveys to get the opinions of people who do care - these are, of course, promptly ignored.

Tracy Dae
#18 Posted : 2/5/2012 3:14:59 AM
Tracy Dae

Woman
A few things...

It is easier and less expensive to produce guitars with natural finishes than burst finishes.

Ibanez is offering the AF105 in a burst finish because players begged Ibanez to do so.

Ibanez is not a big corporation. Ibanez is a privately held company.

Tom@Ibanez
#19 Posted : 2/6/2012 6:28:54 PM
Tom@Ibanez

Medals: Medal of Awesomeness: Awarded to the most righteous dude on the planet.

Groups: Administration
Man
Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 40 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tracy Dae Go to Quoted Post
A few things...

It is easier and less expensive to produce guitars with natural finishes than burst finishes.

Ibanez is offering the AF105 in a burst finish because players begged Ibanez to do so.

Ibanez is not a big corporation. Ibanez is a privately held company.

Also, just about everyone who works here, there, there, and there are all players.
Tracy Dae
#20 Posted : 2/6/2012 9:57:11 PM
Tracy Dae

Woman
Originally Posted by: Tom@Ibanez Go to Quoted Post
Also, just about everyone who works here, there, there, and there are all players.

Sorry for neglecting to mention that... I hang my head in shame...